The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown store question

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't seem to find anything to spend my monthly crowns on. Why are there so many dresses in the store? Why is the dye collection so ugly? And why don't we have costumes that are based on races history? Ingame you have race-based motifs so why no race-based costumes?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 9, 2022 1:40AM
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can just hold on to them until something you like becomes available. They dont really expire.

Or, trade them off for gold and get something at the guild traders that you like?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    Well you can just hold on to them until something you like becomes available. They dont really expire.

This. There's no time limit on spending crowns, you can keep them as long as you like. The stuff in the crown store changes at least once per month. Many items are only available for a short time though, you can check the crown store showcases to find out what's coming up. So you can just save your crowns for when there's something you want to buy.

But there are already racial themed costumes available. For example there's the Riften Jerkin for nords, the budi-shirt and galligaskins for khajiit or the Reeve's Formal Apparel for altmer. You can read the descriptions and/or look at the concept art to get an idea of which race and gender each one is intended for.

As for why there's so many dresses it's probably because a lot of players have female characters. But there's always a mix of male, female and unisex costumes available. Out of the 3 I listed above 2 are unisex and the Riften Jerkin is intended for men.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do housing you can spend it on homes and furniture while you're decorating.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many Race based outfits. But they tend to be limited time.

As far as Ancestral styles of clothing, someone at ZOS decided they should have capes. Which only demonstrate why there are no capes in the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post