The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your average daily playtime now?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start this off. Pre U35 I was at least a few hours a day. Now I'm down to 10 minutes now...pop in, get daily reward, upgrade horses on alts, log out. I was hoping to not be a casualty of U35, but sadly I am. I haven't played DPS since.

What's your average daily playtime now? 344 votes

Less then 1 hour
48%
BootstompDeathStalkerCaligamy_ESOck37090SluggyThorntonguewenchmore420b14_ESOninibinidmnqwkGythralmartinhpb16_ESONic727danno8MalthorneWingLivvyfalcasternub18_ESOcamelliaDelgentElsonso 166 votes
1 to 3 hours
31%
NestordriosketchKikazaruchessalavakia_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOGlassHalfFullHolycannolisarahvhoffb14_ESOShadesofkintspecherb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiDanikatKhenarthiMuizerhans.johansson1958b16_ESOSpiderg1rlIdinuseSharktoesCloudtraderElvenheart 109 votes
More than 3 hours
20%
BlueRaventohopka_esoterovian2000b14_ESOValvefreespiritOnnuKChuckyPayneSilverBrideBergisMacBrideshadyjane62Wald1nahrothbernSarannahrobwolf666Oberon45SirGabenOfSteamiaTai-Chiwatts320wolfie1.0.Cerbolt 69 votes
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    the amount of time i play this game is virtually unchanged

in fact my DPS toon at least my stamplar with 1 skill change and some gear changes, is doing more dmg than ive ever been able to do

i never even did vet blackrose prison before U35, but ive completed it like 3-4 times since U35 came out (doing healer or dps roles)

even been essentially farming vet dreadsail reef trial and almost 100% gear collected from there

so if anything, i would say ive probably been playing equal or more than my usual avg (mon-thurs usually play about 6 hours, fridays probably about 8-10 hours, weekends probably 10-14 hours) lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less then 1 hour
    About 4 minutes. Log in, grab daily reward, maybe do an easy endeavor, one set of writs, see ya.

I love ESO lore, but its the combat system that has kept me playing since Beta. It is a disaster right now. Sorry, dont have a better word for it.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    Same as always, 6-8 hours a day 7 days a week unless I have to do a 140 mile round trip for shopping.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My days vary because of shifts, but my weekly average probably hasn't changed at all.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    I play 2 to 4 hours in the afternoon but since ToT came along I often play a few games of that before I turn off my computer for the night.
    PCNA
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less then 1 hour
    Unless there is an event or new content, I just log in, do my dailies and collect the daily log in reward.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    Trying to make the most of this event, as it gives quite a bit of resources for me who does the crafting dailies every day on 18 characters. Both the double node drops and the event boxes, does add up quite a bit.

Other than that, I have so far taken 4 characters through entire High Isle to 100% complete the zone(excluding books and ToT). And am working on the fifth character to do so, while also planning a sixth. But that one will depend on how fast I can do this fifth, and if I still feel like it.
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    I play a lot...lets just leave it at that.

I will say this I haven't known a group of regulars being on like this since I played Everquest...I mean yeah you have your "daily runners" but that is really how most of them play all games like this. They run in grab their dailies and get out....lore, genre, don't really matter just those sweet sweet dailies...

Yeah I think it's weird too.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 to 3 hours
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I'll start this off. Pre U35 I was at least a few hours a day. Now I'm down to 10 minutes now...pop in, get daily reward, upgrade horses on alts, log out. I was hoping to not be a casualty of U35, but sadly I am. I haven't played DPS since.

Working more on an addon then playing the game
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 3 hours
    I say 1-3 but it is definitely closer to 1 right now. But, my playtimes fluctuate throughout the year whenever F76 has a new season or update, or when ESO has new updates. It could be 1 hour this week, and over Nov, Dec, Jan I average 4-5 hours.

I also like to use the lulls to refresh on the game and not get burnt out. Because even with only around an hour a day for the last few weeks, I am still at like 3-4 hours per day average on the year.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 3 hours
    I play on two servers-- on PC NA during one session, then on PC EU during another session. Each session usually lasts from 2 to 4 hours, depending on what the endeavors are and whether an event is going on. In rare cases I'll play for less than 2 hours, or more than 4 hours, per server, but my average is about 3 hours per server, plus or minus an hour.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same as it ever was, and also none of your business.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • jad11mumbler
      jad11mumbler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Less then 1 hour
      All I've done recently is log in to get event tickets.

Don't even bother with crafting writs anymore.
      174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
    • RedTalon
      RedTalon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other. I will not be defined by norrow views oi time and space, for the past, future and present are all one and the same.
      Edited by RedTalon on October 7, 2022 8:49PM
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Less than it was before U33. Still probably more than most.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      61,215 achievement points
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Unchanged since 2014.
    • Dojohoda
      Dojohoda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      It's more on the weekend when I go to Cyrodiil or if I do group content like trials.
      Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
      Might be joking in comments.
      -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Not a lot, but no less than it was before whichever update everyone is currently annoyed about.

ESO isn't my only hobby, it's not even my only MMO so I'm never going to spend hours every day on it. I play when I feel like it, when I don't I do something else, like any game.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Casul
      Casul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Less then 1 hour
      Used to play 3+ per day pretty consistently. Haven't logged in since June/July. Sad days for ESO.
      PvP needs more love.
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      1-2 weekdays, 2-4 weekends
    • Bouldercleave
      Bouldercleave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      My combat playstyle was pretty much unchanged with this update (which is REALLY why you made this poll - to voice your discord about the combat changes)

Thus my playtime has also remained unchanged and will likely continue to remain unchanged. My playtime is dictated by my real life work and play schedule and is really not affected by a few mundane combat changes.

I like to feel that I'm stronger mentally than that. I don't get butthurt every time someone changes the little things on me. The way some people react to stuff like this really makes me wonder how they make it in the real world.
    • baltic1284
      baltic1284
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Only reason i generally play so little anymore isn't cause of the state of the game itself but cause of the community the bulling and hate towards PVE or PVP at this point anymore. Go to Imperial city get bullied, go to Cyroidill and guess what bullied some more, go to PVE and guess what there much the same more bulling.
      So, I just cut back on my playtime with the game till it is handled properly by the staff of the company getting tired of sending the reports on the same players for the same things over and over again.
    • Triplesixtyson
      Triplesixtyson
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      My playtime has been down signifigintly, no other way to put it.
    • LannStone
      LannStone
      ✭✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Time played has not changed
    • endgamesmug
      endgamesmug
      ✭✭✭✭
      More than 3 hours
      Daily writs,area dailies,mount training sometimes on other accounts,a little housing if im in the mood
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      I've always played according to my real life's schedule and my mood.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • Nightowl_74
      Nightowl_74
      ✭✭✭
      1 to 3 hours
      Right now I'm logging in every day for the event, so in a way my playtime is a bit higher than usual. Overall it hasn't changed, though. I always make a point to participate in events that don't require a group and aren't pvp because they're one of my favored activities.
    • Jamie_Aubrey
      Jamie_Aubrey
      ✭✭✭✭
      More than 3 hours
      4 hours only to pvp with guild

I don't need to log in for anything other than this now, I'm not doing PVE an a brand new account when I've already spent 7 years doing it on another
      RETIRED FROM ESO
      PC/EU
      Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    • francesinhalover
      francesinhalover
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Less then 1 hour
      I havent played much, i just lack motivation.

i have fun with my necro, i love necro... but it isn't enough, questing isn't enough, i just open the game and don't know what to do, just stand there looking around and maybe do a daily...idk i just don't feel like doing anything.
      I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
      Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    • BenevolentBowd
      BenevolentBowd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Less then 1 hour
      Playtime has been reduced by a health issue making it difficult to use mouse / keyboard for past few weeks. :(

I appear to be responding to treatment and I hope to increase my playtime over the next few weeks.
      Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
      Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
      Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
      Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
      ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
      #TeamStackableTreasureMaps