The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update for Google Stadia Players

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
loccajg7f5bm.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 27, 2022 2:26PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sawbones194
    Sawbones194
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm screwed for switching to Xbox.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope that an existing ESO account that already has a Stadia account linked to it doesn't get broken as you implement this process. Please beta test well and thoroughly!!
    Edited by Tevalaur on October 7, 2022 6:15AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC, Steam, abd Stadia. Does anyone know a cloud service that supports playing ESO on phones (Android) and PCs? Thanks
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they provided an official response to this.

I will point out that the characters and other aspects associated with the account inside the game are not being transferred. They are already on the same server, and many people have used their accounts via both PC and Stadia since Stadia started up. This announcement seems to indicate they will not have to purchase a PC-specific license to play via PC if they do not already have one already.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I play on PC, Steam, abd Stadia. Does anyone know a cloud service that supports playing ESO on phones (Android) and PCs? Thanks

@k9mouse, there is not one at the moment.

Before Stadia, ESO was on Nvidia Geoforce Now during its beta period. After that beta period, Nvidia had upset some developers with licensing issues, according to multiple articles, that led to Zenimax and Activision/Blizzard pulling games from that service. Other gaming articles noted that a second wave of publishers pulled their games after other licensing issues. That probably means that Zenimax will not be going back.

Someone else recently posted that ESO was briefly tested on Xbox Live but was very laggy. Someday we might see MS improving the performance or interface so it is playable on that service. Until then I do not think there is much hope.

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fir info. :)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're just wanting the luxury of playing it on your phone while on the couch or bed then you can stream it from your PC using Steamlink. Works great in my home network environment but never tried it remotely
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

If you're just wanting the luxury of playing it on your phone while on the couch or bed then you can stream it from your PC using Steamlink. Works great in my home network environment but never tried it remotely
    How it works remotely depends entirely on your internet connection. If the internet connection is good it works fine, if it's not it works terribly. Basically, it works about as well as stadia does.

Amottica wrote: »
    I am glad they provided an official response to this.

I will point out that the characters and other aspects associated with the account inside the game are not being transferred. They are already on the same server, and many people have used their accounts via both PC and Stadia since Stadia started up. This announcement seems to indicate they will not have to purchase a PC-specific license to play via PC if they do not already have one already.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the transfer will just be giving people a PC client license and a link to download it, and maybe some process to create/update their password since many people might not know the password they created once and never used again since stadia (like steam) handles all the login part automatically.