The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any high rank players who give private lessons?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have reached Rubedite the past 2 seasons and am in Voidsteel now and working toward it again. I just keep getting long losing streaks and I don't know if it's just incredibly bad luck or if there is something I am just not getting.

I have no aspirations to make it to the top of the leaderboard. I'd just like to consistently win more games than I lose.

I'd be glad to pay for the lessons. I'm on PCNA if anyone is willing to help.
PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly Red Eagle. I do understand how this deck works but I don't see them taking many of the cards, if any. Most of the time there are a few of the cards just sitting in the Tavern and no one taking any of them or using them so no cards are moving and no new cards appearing then. I don't get how it's beneficial. Sometimes they use the Patron to draw a card but I do this also when it would benefit me.

I find Celarus annoying for the same reason that their cards just sit in the tavern and it stops any new cards becoming available.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the psijic deck, i usually use that as a "trap" for the NPCs i play against, they tend to almost prioritize psijic cards, even though many of them i dont find useful

the problem ive found with the red eagle deck is that many of the cards are contract cards and a lot of them also involve removing cards from your deck, if your in a position where you wouldnt want to remove cards, those end up just sitting in the tavern, you could buy them and choose not to remove a card, but you would need enough gold to also potentially buy the card that is replacing it if its a good card
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not playing against NPCs. I'm playing other players in the competitive ranked matches.

If so many Red Eagle cards are useless what is the point of choosing the deck?
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Eagle is lowkey one of the most powerful decks, in my experience.

The main thing with Red Eagle is that you need to hard go for the cards that let you destroy a card. Getting rid of cards in your hand let's you trigger combos more reliably because there are less possible combinations that can end up in your hand.

I don't really use the Tavern churning ones because they are spendy, but I get rid of cards pretty consistently.

I suck at making good use of the blue too personally. I mostly only take it when someone takes Ansei or takes Hlallu as first pick purely so I don't have to stress about the patron swinging. The one that lets you draw a card, and the one that gives you coin and let's you churn the tavern though are good to go for.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 5, 2022 4:45PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that Red Eagle let's you get rid of cards so you are left with cards that give combos, but I rarely see my opponent even take one of these cards let alone use one.

Regardless, I would love if someone on the leaderboard would be willing to play some hands with me and give some lessons and I would gladly compensate them for their time.
    PCNA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that Red Eagle let's you get rid of cards so you are left with cards that give combos, but I rarely see my opponent even take one of these cards let alone use one.

Maybe they choose the Red Eagle, hoping they land a few strong cards, and then use it to thin their deck, and spam the good cards, but then their draw isn't as good as they hoped, so they can't thin it out, or afford to destroy cards. It's the same principle for Celarus; you can capitalize on it if there are good cards in your pile, so shuffling can rotate them faster. Also, another why they might not pick these cards from the tavern is because if the cards are not particularly helpful, picking them won't do much, but more importantly picking them makes way for another card that might be potentially good, and it's there for your opponent's turn.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Maybe they choose the Red Eagle, hoping they land a few strong cards, and then use it to thin their deck, and spam the good cards, but then their draw isn't as good as they hoped, so they can't thin it out, or afford to destroy cards. It's the same principle for Celarus; you can capitalize on it if there are good cards in your pile, so shuffling can rotate them faster. Also, another why they might not pick these cards from the tavern is because if the cards are not particularly helpful, picking them won't do much, but more importantly picking them makes way for another card that might be potentially good, and it's there for your opponent's turn.

this is a fundamental problem i see with playing other players

in a game where both players are making intelligent decisions, the tavern stagnates because neither player wants to take a card if they cant get the 2nd potentially good card to replace it, so then the game becomes very slow as both players just amass writ of coins until they convert all the gold to writ of coin, and can generate a large quantity of gold in 1 turn to possibly afford getting something from the tavern to start cycling it

the tavern could possibly be fully refreshed if nobody picks a card from it say every 5 turns, if someone picks a card it resets that 5 turn counter for a full refresh, this would also add another element of strategy to the game, do you end your turn which causes a full tavern refresh? or buy 1 card and only have 1 replacement card come in?

this would probably lead to a more active game to encourage grabbing a tavern card and prevent stagnation

when playing NPCs this type of thing likely wouldnt happen because the NPCs make a lot of "dumb" moves by cycling the tavern for you and taking a lot of the less useful cards
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverBride , This game can be humbling. Even with a good knowledge/experience base for all the cards, patrons, and strategies, I find that my own wins and losses are generally 60/40 or 40/60 (is the game just a more colorful flipping of a coin? lol), but streaks definitely happen. I never mind losing close games; but getting suffocated by agent spam, or RNG oblivion where every semi-decent card you choose is replaced by one of the best cards in the decks for multiple turns, is never fun.

If you are regularly getting to Rubedite, you certainly know what you're doing! And I seriously doubt there are glaring flaws in your tactics; just snowballing situations where winning would be difficult for anyone. My suggestion is to limit yourself when one of the bad streaks happens; for me, once I drop 3 (particularly in crushing fashion), I figure Rahjin is visiting (or is it not visiting?) someone else today, and do something else.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate playing both Red Eagle and Celarus. To me it's like playing a game of Chicken to see who will cave in and buy one of the useless cards first.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I always appreciate good tips I would really like to sit down with someone and play some hands and have them tell me why they are choosing the cards they are and analyze why I am, and then letting me know what they would do differently.

I learn more from doing.
    PCNA
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I always appreciate good tips I would really like to sit down with someone and play some hands and have them tell me why they are choosing the cards they are and analyze why I am, and then letting me know what they would do differently.

I learn more from doing.

Sorry, was just trying to help. Good luck.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personofsecrets#0370 on Discord
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

I learn more from doing.

Sorry, was just trying to help. Good luck.

Don't be sorry! I appreciate all the tips and find them very helpful!
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personofsecrets#0370 on Discord

Thank you. I will contact you probably tomorrow when I will have more free time again.
    PCNA
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate playing both Red Eagle and Celarus. To me it's like playing a game of Chicken to see who will cave in and buy one of the useless cards first.

Dream Cave and any of the deck trimming cards in Red Eagle are some of the best cards in the game
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    Can add Pink Apple#8467 on discord if you would like, we can run through some games slowly sometime :) I've ended rank 1 multiple times and have always finished top 10. No payment required at all.

This applies to anyone else reading this as well, if you feel like you need help feel free to send me vod footage or add me on Discord!
    Edited by PinkApple on October 7, 2022 2:43AM
    @PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PinkApple That is awesome. Thank you!
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Dream Cave and any of the deck trimming cards in Red Eagle are some of the best cards in the game

They are only as good as the power producing cards you manage to pick up. If you don't get any of these you aren't accomplishing much.
    PCNA