The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couple of ideas to keep the game interesting.

Jofish
Jofish
✭✭✭
1. Turn 2 people have a chance to get a quality 6g card whereas the turn 1 person does not. Instead of awarding turn 2 with 1 gold how about 1 prestige. Then your decisions to grab a card or switch out for a 2g still mean something, but for the first two turns at least nobody's grabbing the game-winning card right away.
2. Perhaps allow each player to block 1 deck at the start. Not seen 'til both players choose. If players choose the same deck then the other 7 are all available. Gets really boring playing with crow or liar people...
I'd just as soon concede and take a break that to watch someone monotonously figure out which of their 5 crow cards they are going to play first. ;)
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. 1 prestige doesn’t balance with the turn 1 player having first dibs in the tavern. Playing first would almost always be better than being second with one prestige.

2. We currently have 8 decks with 4 unlockable decks. The ability to block a deck simply doesn’t work for any players that have less than 6 decks unlocked. Tot simply doesn’t have enough choices to make us block decks right now. Also, while I agree that playing the same decks over and over sucks, I would add that being unable to play one deck because it is generally disliked sucks as much.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jofish wrote: »
    1. Turn 2 people have a chance to get a quality 6g card whereas the turn 1 person does not.

This is why I'd much rather go second. I'm not sure how I feel about awarding prestige instead though. Maybe just remove the 1 gold perk for going second all together.

Jofish wrote: »
    2. Perhaps allow each player to block 1 deck at the start. Not seen 'til both players choose. If players choose the same deck then the other 7 are all available.

I'd like this feature just to block Red Eagle. I'm so sick of that deck and that's all anyone picks now. All it does is fill the Tavern with worthless cards that no one chooses and stalls the game.
    PCNA