The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Increase to final boss drops

AmendmentI
AmendmentI
✭✭✭
Suggestion: Can the number of final boss drops be increased in trials? The number of times you'd have to complete a trial for weapons and jewelry is significantly more than the number of times you'd have to complete it for body pieces.

Assuming a trial has 4 different sets of gear that is 7 body pieces for each or 24 body pieces in total. Whereas there are around 15 or do different weapons/jewelry drops or around 60 in total.

The 2 most recent trials have 3 bosses and 2 mini bosses. This means 4 chances for body pieces but only one chance for weapon and jewelry drops.
Edited by AmendmentI on October 3, 2022 10:47PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to be the old man telling people to get off his lawn, I remember running Hel Ra countless times to get AY daggers & jewelry, Cloudrest to get a Siroria inferno, and MOL to get the Alkosh S&B, with guildies, before gear curation. Seeing that it took only a few runs this weekend to get my Whorl Inferno staff, I'd say its infinitely better.

With that said, you make an excellent point. Even if they dropped 2 weapons on the final boss, like for DSR in this event, it makes a monumental difference. Especially when you seem to be a magnet for weapon sets you neither want nor need.
  • AmendmentI
    AmendmentI
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be the old man telling people to get off his lawn, I remember running Hel Ra countless times to get AY daggers & jewelry, Cloudrest to get a Siroria inferno, and MOL to get the Alkosh S&B, with guildies, before gear curation. Seeing that it took only a few runs this weekend to get my Whorl Inferno staff, I'd say its infinitely better.

With that said, you make an excellent point. Even if they dropped 2 weapons on the final boss, like for DSR in this event, it makes a monumental difference. Especially when you seem to be a magnet for weapon sets you neither want nor need.

Older trials don't have perfected gear so at least back then if you got drops from chests it was no different than what you'd get from a boss. Also, you could run them on normal and not have to worry about having to do vet. Except for the gold/purple jewelry

Newer trials require doing them on vet so many more times than necessary if you want a specific weapon and just don't get lucky. And the chests on vet just drop regular non perfect gear
    Edited by AmendmentI on October 3, 2022 11:02PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because of the other change where collecting a perfected item unlocks the non perfected counterpart, if you only ever ran a trial on vet, ignored looting, it would actually overall take the same amount of runs as one of the older trials

for example maw of lorkhaj has 4 sets, but no perfected

dreadsail has perfected and non perfected, but if you only ever ran it on vet, then you would effectively still only have to collect 4 sets worth because all the perfected pieces unlock non-perfected counterparts if you dont already have it unlocked

this same logic also works with the maelstrom weapons, master weapons from DSA, vateshran weapons

it would also work for asylum weapons, but you would have to run vAS+2 in order to get those perfected drops
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should have weapon and jewelry drops from the mini bosses as well. I've been grinding for months on these trials and I have just about every piece of armor but collecting weapons and jewelry has been an incredibly slow process. Last night we ran Dreadsail Reef and after opening 5 chest, defeating the main boss, I received a maul....really?

I was able to get a two handed sword because a guildie gave it to me but at this rate, I'm going to die of old age before I complete these sets.

Time to NERF the grind ZOS!!
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think at least last boss should drop a jewelry and a weapon like DSR does. It’d decrease the cost of chromium platings and it’d decrease grind. It would be nice if chests dropped perfected in vet too.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore