The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Camera constantly spinning

traxxas17
traxxas17
So i start up, make a char, and find out once i jump in to first person my camera tilts to the sky and spins constantly, i cant move or reposition my camera. Read on the forums that theres a fix for windows 8 users ... the windows update was supposed to fix this problem which didnt help at all. Also they have under the suggestion if your anti windows update kind of guy, you could change compatibility options, which i tried also and to which no avail did NOTHING. frustrating as hell, cant even play on early access and who knows if this will even get fixed anytime soon.
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    When you changed the Compatibility options did you disable display scaling on high DPI settings?

If not I would suggest trying that and also making sure you do the same for eso.exe
    Staff Post
  • traxxas17
    traxxas17
    Awesome that would do it ! problem solved, making sure i changed settings on the eso.exe was the fix, as for the update i searched around and the update here

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4492/kw/camera spinning

was only for systems that upgraded to 8.1 which i stayed far away after i rolledback my system after installing this and now stick with windows 8 to stay away from windows issues with 8.1 and gaming.
    Thanks a bunch !
  • charkueub17_ESO
    charkueub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone else who has issues with the ESO camera spinning and this solution does not work, you may have software interfering with the camera.

For instance, I was running some software called Synergy for sharing a mouse and keyboard over my local network. As soon as I stopped Synergy the camera spinning stopped. Other software, like tools for controlling a computer's mouse from a mobile app may also cause this problem.
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old. Right?

Right?

22848663242_1146ae9116_o.gif
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • Darkstar3995
    Darkstar3995
    Soul Shriven
    In this case if charkueub17_ESO had not answered to this thread he dug up, I would still have that issue the op described. The workarounds did not work for me. I can confirm that Synergy caused the problem in my case too. So stop running it finally solved this issue. I was trying for ages to fix that.
  • Porkweasel
    Porkweasel
    Soul Shriven
    Same. This post helped me. I use Microsoft Mouse without Borders on my two machines (one PC and one laptop). Specifically, for this microsoft tool, I had to toggle the "Disable Easy Mouse" setting on the machines to prevent the mouse from constantly spinning wherever I moved my mouse. I don't use Synergy (because money is expensive) and haven't used anything except MwB, but I'm sure there are some similar settings that are interfering with mouse tracking in game.

For clarity, MwB is still running. I never turned it off for my tracking in game to work properly. Just a matter of toggling that setting.
    Edited by Porkweasel on August 25, 2017 10:58PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We've closed this discussion since it's from 2014 and has been brought back a few times already. We are glad the troubleshooting resolved your issue. If you run into any other issues please start a new thread in the support forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.