The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

pls help with Mac installation of Essential Housing Community. Others have done it.

Stille_desAethers
Stille_desAethers
✭✭✭
I have asked this in several forums to no avail. Eventually, @belial5221_ESO generously volunteered the following link to @jlane38ub17_ESO : https://essentialhousingcommunity.azurewebsites.net/mac/

I moved the installation package to my "live" AddOns folder, installed, and received the following message again:
"EssentialHousingCommunityMac" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Then I went to System Preferences, Security and Privacy, and clicked "Allow Anyway." Still no dice.

Please give a chance for Mac users to respond.

51mq4nksf2wf.png
Aus der Engel Ordnungen is a bald, bespectacled, Dunmer vampire with an affection for Dwarven tech. She cannot hear you scream. "For beauty really is nothing but the beginning of terror..."
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you click the lock and use advanced to see other options? Just clicking allow might not work,unless you change settings.It's possible different setups might need a different solution.
  • Stille_desAethers
    Stille_desAethers
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I click the lock to make changes, and lock it again afterwards. I've used Macs for years.

Recently, I managed to get further along in the installation process despite running into a second error message: “libhostfxr.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

So, I went back to security and gave it permission to install libhostfxr.dylib. After what appears to be a successful installation, the Add-on EssentialHousingCommunity is listed among my enabled add-ons!! Hooray! But when I try to share my house from the "My Homes" tab of Essential Housing Tools, it claims "Community App is not setup or Community Add-on is disabled."

In Terminal, I get the following error message:
    The application to execute does not exist: '/Users/myname/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/EssentialHousingTools/EssentialHousingCommunity/EssentialHousingCommunityMac.dll'.

If I could solicit your advice again, @belial5221_ESO (not sure how you even found that installer package) or anyone else, I would be very grateful.
    Edited by Stille_desAethers on October 29, 2022 9:37PM
    Aus der Engel Ordnungen is a bald, bespectacled, Dunmer vampire with an affection for Dwarven tech. She cannot hear you scream. "For beauty really is nothing but the beginning of terror..."
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe create a folder with that dll if you can find it,since paths are diff between mac and pc.Though you might be outta luck,since they not updating mac version anymore.Every new update to api in ESO makes older addons break more.
  • GandalfTheGuardian
    GandalfTheGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Stille_desAethers

I just replied your request in EHT's esoui forum.
    Hope it solves your issue.

Cheers,
    Gandalf
  • Stille_desAethers
    Stille_desAethers
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Gandalf.

After reading your reply to another user's identical concern, I somehow, haphazardly, via much trial and error and moving what felt like random files around, managed to grant permission for each of the dll and other files. I'm sure whatever happened was sloppy, but I now have access to EHC!

I have no doubt that I will be returning to your answer later when EHC inevitably breaks down again lol.

Again, thanks so much!
  • Voiddreams
    i am on a macbook pro M1, and have been running EHT. I downloaded it through minion and it works fine for me. Just now went to Ventura OS and will see what they have done to the game.