Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hows the cool down on daily quest coffers work for blueprints?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The regular blue zone coffers NOT the gold and purple event coffers.

If I get a green blueprint does that lock me out of (or drastically reduce my chances) of getting a a blue or a purple for 20 hours?

Or should I keep opening until I get a blue? Or keep opening until I get a purple?

Don't mind being patient but they're really starting to pile up!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 9, 2022 4:57PM
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Are the coffers of a given color not simply random each time? Why would you be locked out of a better quality blueprint if you got a green one in your first coffer of the day. If they wanted to limit coffer rewards, wouldn't they just cap how many reward coffers one can get per day?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roxxsmom wrote: »
    Are the coffers of a given color not simply random each time? Why would you be locked out of a better quality blueprint if you got a green one in your first coffer of the day. If they wanted to limit coffer rewards, wouldn't they just cap how many reward coffers one can get per day?

AFAIK they DO put a limit on Motif pages in several zones (once you get a page you won’t get another for about a day) as well as Transmutes from Rewards for the Worthy (guaranteed to get one on the first box opened that day but much lower chances for more after that). And the Style pages from the last few events worked similarly.

I don’t know about furnishing plans specifically though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tell you what it feels like furnishing recipes are on a cooldown, cos they are rare af in the coffers.

I'm sitting on a bunch of coffers on some mule toons, to see after the event ends, and then opening all of them on my main toons to keep inventory clear.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cooldowns on motifs were added with Eslweyr. For instance if you get an Anequina motif page from an Elsweyr daily quest you will not get another for 20 hours from an Elsweyr daily quest reward box. Something similar works for motifs, I'm just not sure if the cooldown is just for purples, or for blues and purples or all three.

I watched a good video on this recently, it was just a little vague about this detail which is why I'm asking. I'll see if I can find it....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HrzwO1qcOA&t=635s
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Motifs can have a cooldown in the regular farming schemes

However, reward containers during events do not have a cool down. I got two Steadfasts in quick succession today. Same with Recipes. It is all RNG for all items. However the Oaken style pages only seem to drop in the gold boxes, so that has an effective cool down that lasts as long as the reset.

During Anniversary or other seasonal events, i get tons of motifs and recipes from containers.
    Edited by Nestor on October 2, 2022 3:24AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cooldown is 24 hours, or even 25 , not 20 (for Fargrave and HighIsle).
    Within the 24 hours you still can get an additional drop, but the chance is drastically reduced.

So I usually hord my boxes once I got a drop, and open the next 25 hours later. But even then there is no guarantee, I usually must open approx 6 boxes for the drop.

During this event I handle it differently, the bossquests are finished so quick (many players), that I could swim in rewardboxes. I got inventory full problems quick, so open them immedeatly now. From the mass of boxes (quick dailies, double box reward) I got several times now additional furnishing plans (the new, still a little expensive ones, like the walkway, curved).
    Edited by markulrich1966 on October 2, 2022 6:09AM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    However the Oaken style pages only seem to drop in the gold boxes
    Nope, got a page from a purple box from the introductory quest
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »

On one of my accounts, I got a blue plan from a purple box that dropped from an Ancestor Silk node. I don't remember which plan that was now, I'll have to look and edit later.

ETA: it was High Isle Bookcase, Carved Filled.
    Edited by TaSheen on October 2, 2022 2:54PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually try to stop when I get a structural furnishing plan from the reward boxes, but my inventory is always tight.

I get one green plan and try to keep going, then dozens of boxes later I open them all and have nothing but one piece of gear each box and maybe one Stendarr stamp total.

I have been doing all the dailies I can on 5 toons and no blue or purple furnishing plans.

How is this supposed to be rewarding? Yet I see tons of purple structural plans for sale in zone chat.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually try to stop when I get a structural furnishing plan from the reward boxes, but my inventory is always tight.

I get one green plan and try to keep going, then dozens of boxes later I open them all and have nothing but one piece of gear each box and maybe one Stendarr stamp total.

I have been doing all the dailies I can on 5 toons and no blue or purple furnishing plans.

How is this supposed to be rewarding? Yet I see tons of purple structural plans for sale in zone chat.

I suspect the cooldown triggers when you get a green too. Not at a point where I have to open extras yet but I probably will be by weeks end.

Was gonna stop bothering since the actual event rewards are nothing great but last night I got a nice painting in the purple event box and that got my enthusiasm back up.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, i am getting them from the purple boxes too. It was just the first two came from the Gold boxes.

Funny, now i seem to only get them from Purples...
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, i am getting them from the purple boxes too. It was just the first two came from the Gold boxes.

Funny, now i seem to only get them from Purples...

Worthy of note, but you can only get 1 style page a day. So if you have gotten one that day another one will not drop from any gold or purple box. Better wait to open more the next day.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea the answer.

God forbid ZOS would officially release such information about cooldowns. The community has asked many times before to show the hidden cooldowns in game in a tab. This way we can see the information for each account/character. Obviously, the information is being tracked by the game so why not show us.

Or I could be wrong and there is no cooldown just cruel mistress of RNG. Who can know for sure?

Stay safe :)
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just accepted one blueprint every 20 hours is the cooldown and stopped opening them once I got them. My worst day was maybe 6 boxes to get one.

Stopped playing the event because 4 characters inventories were so cluttered. I'll still be opening boxes until at least late November.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main thing I realized is not to take these events seriously- one toon doing 3 quests is plenty really.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭

Same. The Oaken pages are rare from the purple coffers, but do drop - I've only bothered to do three daily quests for golden coffers, but I've looted ~8 Oaken style pages.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Players cant help.

Can you just answer the question?