The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time limit to claim the rewards

RammsteinRko
RammsteinRko
✭✭
On the 9th I'm gone for a month and won't have access to the game until November.

Is there a time limit to claim the rewards?

I seem to remember that the year of greymor you only had 15 days.
  • RammsteinRko
    RammsteinRko
    ✭✭
    Nothing?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows what it will be because they haven't announced it yet. But it's almost certainly going to have one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 2, 2022 8:55AM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past the rewards were claimed through Crown Store or at least i remember claiming one through there. So this might be the same case for this event too.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    In the past the rewards were claimed through Crown Store or at least i remember claiming one through there. So this might be the same case for this event too.

Yep, they started doing the Crown Store claim for the bundle a couple of years ago.
    And they've all had around a two-week time limit for claiming it.
    I imagine it'll be the same for this event, but as spartax said, ZOS hasn't stated it explicitly yet.

It would be a good idea for them to add it (whether or not there will be a time limit) to the progress page just so people are aware.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 2, 2022 10:05AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you're on PC, get Stadia, buy the game again, link your account, claim the reward while you're away, come January 18, 2023 you get a full refund for all purchases on Stadia.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If you're on PC, get Stadia, buy the game again, link your account, claim the reward while you're away, come January 18, 2023 you get a full refund for all purchases on Stadia.

Great idea, if it actually works.
      Are they really still selling the game on Stadia? I would think they would have stopped; they'd only be creating more work for themselves when refund time comes around. Assuming they actually intend to honor them.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • redlink1979
        redlink1979
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        On the 9th I'm gone for a month and won't have access to the game until November.
        Is there a time limit to claim the rewards?
        I seem to remember that the year of greymor you only had 15 days.

Taking previous similar events as a benchmark, it's highly probable that players will have a 15 days deadline again this time.
        "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
        • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
        • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
        • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
        • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
      • joergino
        joergino
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Are they really still selling the game on Stadia? I would think they would have stopped; they'd only be creating more work for themselves when refund time comes around. Assuming they actually intend to honor them.

According to the Google FAQ no more purchasdes are possible on Stadia. So most likely this won't work. But you can always try.
        Edited by joergino on October 2, 2022 12:38PM
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        joergino wrote: »
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

According to the Google FAQ no more purchasdes are possible on Stadia. So most likely this won't work. But you can always try.

Yeah, I did try, just to see what would happen, and I got an error message; on several attempts.
        "Oops, something went wrong..."

It wouldn't even let me create a new Stadia account.
        Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 2, 2022 2:05PM
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • Lebkuchen
          Lebkuchen
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Are you talking about the Heroes of High Isle event? It's at 40% after 3 days and we started at 15% (because they are "counting everybody who already did the Pathfinder achievement prior to this event"). https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1604662466?t=1h30m21s

That's 8-9% per day. So it could be possible that we do not even get the last box. :)
        • Amottica
          Amottica
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          There is likely going to be a time since that is the status quo. As others have pointed out we don’t know exactly what that will be.
        • Kiralyn2000
          Kiralyn2000
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Lebkuchen wrote: »

That's 8-9% per day. So it could be possible that we do not even get the last box. :)

The whole thing is a marketing exercise. For the event to fail would be terrible PR, so it won't. I'm pretty sure that the marketing guys have a set of milestones pre-determined ahead of time, with slowdowns ("omg, it gained less the last two days! Everyone log on and get to work!") and speed-ups to build hype/etc. There's no way it'll fail.

(also why it's just a vague "percent" bar. Percent of what? How many players/accounts/etc is that? They'll never tell, because it's easier to fudge the numbers when it's not clearly defined.)
        • belial5221_ESO
          belial5221_ESO
          ✭✭✭✭
          I'm sure there will be time limit.If a friend or family member has access to your pc,can jsut let em login and tell em how to claim it.If laptop and cellphone,can use cell as a hotspot,or try to find wifi.Other than that you might be outta luck,unless file ticket and give em good reason,still might not do it,but worth try.
        • FluffyBird
          FluffyBird
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          1. Set up PC start-up at set time in BIOS
          2. Install Team Viewer with autorun on start-up and permanent password
          3. Install Team Viewer on your smartphone
          4. ???
          5. Profit

Actually playing would be a pain, but you should be able to log in