The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hang the stars in the sky

LikiLoki
LikiLoki
✭✭✭✭
Now that I can make the night time in my house, the next step will be to decorate the starry sky. I would like to hang bright constellations on it. Not a bad idea, is it? The idea came to me when I saw this statue. And under what star were you born?
a92mx2la0eb2.png
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to put stars and constellations down as furnishings. I'm a fan of anything celestial.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them HUGE so you can put them high enough so there isn't parallax effect when you walk around beneath them. The comet is too small for that.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would LOVE to have stars and sky as placeable objects!
    I don't know if they could simulate proper movement relative to your character without an actual sky box tho.

For example, I made an "open-sky" courtyard inside the Hall of the Lunar Champion using a starry sky texture in EHT's build kit.
    So when you walk up the first set of stairs just past the tablet and look up it's a starry night sky. The living spaces wrap around the courtyard, kinda of a U-shaped interior.

The EHT texture works especially well for this because it also does not reflect light. So the paper lanterns I have hanging across the open "courtyard" only shed light downward, as they would in a real outside area. I think it's a design limitation with how EHT adds the textures, none of the ones I've used reflect light or FX.

I really love the feel of it, problem is if you move while looking up, the star texture moves with all the other assets of course and really ruins the effect.

I would sacrifice things to Daedra if it would give me the ability to create a proper sky box, or some other effect to make the sky move naturally in relation to the player.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)