The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are you happy with the DLC as event reward at 100%?

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something else
    Personally, no because I have eso+. I think it makes sense though because the story isn't complete unless you do Firesong too and I can imagine it being a pain having to buy the Chapter AND DLC just to finish the story.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    If I ever need to cancel my sub then it's great, otherwise I'm pretty indifferent. It is pretty nice for people who have the chapter but can't afford eso plus though.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Free stuff is always nice. Also, I don't think it is healthy approach to be mad / angry that someone else is getting free stuff.

I'm upset that I'm not getting free stuff... 2 years in a row.

This completely invalidates having DLC access as an ESO+ perk.

You're getting a pet. It also enhances your perk, because you can keep it even without ESO+ access.

Yeah. I will stop my sub when I stop playing. I think most subscribers are the same way.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    They all know why we sub. It was honestly (as entitled as it seems) a slap to even give us a pet.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    This one has a phobia of anything slimy and crawly, so salamanders are out.

Free DLC is ok, will help get more players on board, but would prefer that ESO+ players get something else, like a house.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    It's fine, I always buy everything but dungeons anyway, so a nice savings for me. :smile:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Can I pretend to be shocked now? What a "mystery" reward. It's exactly the same as last year's reward.

How about something that benefits the whole playerbase? Like a house, which High Isle has been missing this entire time (not counting the inn or Crown only one)? Nah, I get a reward that's something I've already paid for. Wow.

A house doesn't benefit the whole playerbase as many aren't into housing. There's nothing they can give that could please everyone. ESO+ gets an exclusive pet and a permanent unlock regardless of plus status of the dlc, neither of which anyone has paid for. If y'all don't like the rewards, that's fine. But ESO+ was, in fact, included in the rewards with stuff we haven't paid for and some of us are happy with those items.

I don’t know if there are many eso+ subscribers that turn on and off their sub that often.

I imagine a lot of them do, but probably not the ones who post on here. I say this because developers have already stated there's a lot of people who only play this game during the story DLCs, and quit playing afterwards. I don't see most of those people paying for a sub they aren't using. I also know that there are people who sub and buy the dlc with their crowns, just in case they feel like unsubbing. Those people also benefitted. Someone who doesn't take advantage of that benefit probably won't feel it much, but there are definitely subs who would use it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 29, 2022 8:53PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Free stuff is always nice. Also, I don't think it is healthy approach to be mad / angry that someone else is getting free stuff.

You're getting a pet. It also enhances your perk, because you can keep it even without ESO+ access.

I couldn't care less about pets. And I will never play without ESO+.

Free DLC access is supposed to be a perk of ESO+.
    PCNA
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Can I pretend to be shocked now? What a "mystery" reward. It's exactly the same as last year's reward.

How about something that benefits the whole playerbase? Like a house, which High Isle has been missing this entire time (not counting the inn or Crown only one)? Nah, I get a reward that's something I've already paid for. Wow.

A house doesn't benefit the whole playerbase as many aren't into housing. There's nothing they can give that could please everyone. ESO+ gets an exclusive pet and a permanent unlock regardless of plus status of the dlc, neither of which anyone has paid for. If y'all don't like the rewards, that's fine. But ESO+ was, in fact, included in the rewards with stuff we haven't paid for and some of us are happy with those items.

I don’t know if there are many eso+ subscribers that turn on and off their sub that often.

One of the perks of eso+ is dlc access, when they give away the dlc it devalues the subscription. More importantly it feels devalued to the eso subscriber.

They tried to compensate that with the pet, but a pet reskin is kind of meh. Someone mentioned the CE version of the dlc, THAT would have been a more appropriate prize for eso+ subscribers.

I imagine a lot of them do, but probably not the ones who post on here. I say this because developers have already stated there's a lot of people who only play this game during the story DLCs, and quit playing afterwards. I don't see most of those people paying for a sub they aren't using.

Are those on and off players coming back and doing this event? Because if they are not, this prize is not hitting the target audience.

Unless everyone gets the prize even if they did not participate.

And if THAT is true it makes the eso+ subscription feel even more devalued.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    The value of eso+ at this rate is awful
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay

Pets are useless... who wants a non-combative pet just following you around? At least give us mounts.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Shafting ESO+ members again. Yes, the pet, but who doesn't have too many pets already? If they'd given ESO+ members a house or a really awesome goodie bag, different story. But a pet? Really?

For two years in a row, the value of the ESO+ subscription has been lowered. When will they be lowering the subscription price to compensate?

I'm happy for non-subscribers, but I'm wondering when ZOS will do something to show that it appreciates those who subscribe.

(Yes, if you pause your ESO+, you lose access to the DLC, but I'm betting most people who pause do so because they aren't playing. When they come back, they resub.)
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Is it really the ESO+ subscribers that are selfish when they ask for a reward everyone benefits from?

I decided to let other people speak before I spoke my own mind, but honestly once again I find this reward insulting for loyal subscribers. It's a joke and I won't be doing anything to reach the goal. Not that this matters because the goal will obviously always be reached.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 29, 2022 9:20PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

Sure, but there's a difference between "nothing was gained" and "what we gained sucked." I did like and will use the perks, and am a subscriber.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay

Sure, but there's a difference between "nothing was gained" and "what we gained sucked." I did like and will use the perks, and am a subscriber.

That is fine for you but I am beyond disappointed that the value of my subscription is now decreased two years in a row and the only compensation for that is something that is useless to me.
    PCNA
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else
    Doesn't make any difference to me. I will have ESO+ annual sub on 3 accounts until I quit playing completely, which doesn't seem likely at all anytime in the near future (in my POV, "near future" would be longer than a couple more years at minimum).

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    i havent used eso+ that wasn't free for a while, free dlc, for the win
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

One of the perks of eso+ is dlc access, when they give away the dlc it devalues the subscription. More importantly it feels devalued to the eso subscriber.

They tried to compensate that with the pet, but a pet reskin is kind of meh. Someone mentioned the CE version of the dlc, THAT would have been a more appropriate prize for eso+ subscribers.

I imagine a lot of them do, but probably not the ones who post on here. I say this because developers have already stated there's a lot of people who only play this game during the story DLCs, and quit playing afterwards. I don't see most of those people paying for a sub they aren't using.

Are those on and off players coming back and doing this event? Because if they are not, this prize is not hitting the target audience.

Unless everyone gets the prize even if they did not participate.

And if THAT is true it makes the eso+ subscription feel even more devalued.

Everyone gets it if they claim it in time and own High Isle, regardless of individual participation.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 29, 2022 9:22PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

That is fine for you but I am beyond disappointed that the value of my subscription is now decreased two years in a row and the only compensation for that is something that is useless to me.

The value of my subscription has increased, so I'm quite happy. I saved myself the crowns I would have spent on Firesong. I like having the dlc when I cancel, so that I only lose the craft bag and free statues.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 29, 2022 9:26PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Katheriah wrote: »
    I decided to let other people speak before I spoke my own mind, but honestly once again I find this reward insulting for loyal subscribers.

One does have to wonder why ZOS keeps rewarding non-subscribers and overlooking subscribers. I can't think of another example of when I'm subscribed to something and the company keeps giving away subscriber benefits to those who don't subscribe. It's bizarre. [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 30, 2022 1:15PM
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't vote, it doesn't really matter because I don't feel like the event is really for dedicated players. It's to increase sales of the main chapter and adding that sweet bonus of extra DLC on top further entices people. All of that is fine, it's solid marketing and has a fair knock on benefit for existing players who already have the chapter.

I was personally hoping for a house set in one of the two new zones but it is what it is I guess. Nice to not worry about losing access to a zone when my sub lapses I guess, now I just hope there is enough repeatable content there to make going back worth it.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    The value of eso+ at this rate is awful

for me the value of ESO+ has always squarely been on the craft bag and housing/bank/transmute limit increases

ive normally bought all the DLC with crowns from my stipend anyway, so with these free dlc things it just allows me to spend those 4000 crowns of my stipend on something else that might interest me
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    After thinking about it... why players with ESO+ cant just get Collector edition of this DLC? Players without sub woulkd be happy with a free dlc while ESO+ players would be happy with some cosmetics and 1 less thing to buy. Wouldnt this be the best middle ground?
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    This is an MMO, keyword being the second M, multiplayer.
    Players are part of the content on any multiplayer game, so having more players around a piece of content benefits everybody playing that particular piece of content...
    ... which is why I hate when ZOS adds a new system locked to a chapter, like battlegrounds for Morrowind, and the card game for High Isle. You want more people engaging with the new system, not less.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay

The value of my subscription has increased, so I'm quite happy. I saved myself the crowns I would have spent on Firesong. I like having the dlc when I cancel, so that I only lose the craft bag and free statues.

And those of us who don't buy dlc's separately because they are an ES0+ perk that we are paying for with our subscriptions get nothing.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Arthtur wrote: »
    After thinking about it... why players with ESO+ cant just get Collector edition of this DLC? Players without sub woulkd be happy with a free dlc while ESO+ players would be happy with some cosmetics and 1 less thing to buy. Wouldnt this be the best middle ground?

No because not all of us care about cosmetics, which I never buy.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay

And those of us who don't buy dlc's separately because they are an ES0+ perk that we are paying for with our subscriptions get nothing.

I buy ESO+ AND the DLC. I am on a year long subscription currently, but have bought month long subs and let them lapse during updates I don't like in the past. Also ESO+ members get the pet. I get a lot of people don't like the pet, but it doesn't stop existing just because it's not popular.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 29, 2022 9:37PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    The value of ESO+ when firesong releases is exactly the same as it is now. I can understand that that might not be enough for some people, but it doesn't actually make ESO+ worse, you're getting access to the same amount of non-owned DLCs then as you are now.

Before last year it was a common complaint that they sold a chapter as an year long story but it didn't include the second half, so I think it's good that they've started including that second half, even if only for people who buy before October.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Yeah not a fan. Could have been an radiant apex style mount or a house or something. Let's be honest: a dlc is about 2k crowns. The houses and mounts on the other hand run almost 4x that and it would have actually been a boon for eso+ members as well as non members. So yeah. They could have done better. A house the size of psjiic villa that they gave away for summer set would be about 8-10k in the crown store, that same year they also got a exclusive pet and mount as someone mentioned.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on September 29, 2022 10:10PM
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Arthtur wrote: »

Last year they had the Deadlands collector's edition mount and pet sold separately, for this exact reason.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"