The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Complete Druid King deck guide by @PinkApple

PinkApple
PinkApple
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I just finished creating my druid king guide and this certainly is going to be a fun deck to play! We have a few new mechanics to go over, and some really awesome combo potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8mNU7ulXg&ab_channel=PinkApple

Let me know if you have any questions about the deck/cards that were not answered in the guide! I did a lot of testing on PTS to figure out how all of the mechanics/combos function. Hope you all enjoy :smile:
Edited by PinkApple on September 29, 2022 2:22AM
@PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you found any of the new clues yet to get the card upgrades?
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up as I expect this guide will be a lot more relevant as of today now that the Druid King deck has been pushed to live servers!

The following changes have been made since this guide was created:

Forest Wraith - Power gained from triggering "while in play" effect reduced to 1 (was previously 2)

as well as

Draoife Ritecaller: - Gold gained from triggering "while in play" effect reduced to 1 (was previously 2)
    Combo 2 effect now adds a Wispheart Totem (the upgraded variant) to your cooldown pile, rather than the base Wispcaller Totem

Aside from those 2 numbers changes, the rest of the deck functions as it did on PTS and all of the mechanics/cards covered in the guide are still accurate! Hope you all enjoy the new deck, feel free to let me know if you have any questions :)

Edited by PinkApple on November 1, 2022 8:52PM
    @PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

ESO-Hub is a great resource for this sort of thing, they have both clue locations available on their Tales of Tribute landing page if you scroll down a bit! https://eso-hub.com/en/tales-of-tribute-card-game
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid I may have messed this up. I have 2 fragments of the deck so far then I found a clue. I was excited and went to get the clue and when I did it turned into fragments that disappeared from my bag. It was then that it dawned on me that I shouldn't have picked up the clue until I had the deck completed.

Does anyone know if this clue will apply once my deck is complete or if I've just lost it? Will I be able to find this clue again if it's lost?
    PCNA
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clues are kept over. I think I had all red eagle upgrades before I even unlocked the deck.
  • PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭

I'm afraid I may have messed this up. I have 2 fragments of the deck so far then I found a clue. I was excited and went to get the clue and when I did it turned into fragments that disappeared from my bag. It was then that it dawned on me that I shouldn't have picked up the clue until I had the deck completed.

Does anyone know if this clue will apply once my deck is complete or if I've just lost it? Will I be able to find this clue again if it's lost?

Clues are automatically consumed upon picking them up, and you can unlock upgrades for decks that you do not have unlocked yet. Not to worry!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @rbfrgsp and @PinkApple! I don't think I had ever gotten an upgrade for a deck I didn't already have before and thought I had really messed things up. It's a relief to know I didn't.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to play this deck once today when my opponent had it. It's interesting for sure.
    PCNA
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two upgrades are received from achievements while two are obtained from clues. These clues are obtained from Tribute coffers rewarded for the Tribute dailies in Gonfalon Bay.

Druid King Vestments Clue:
    Sail to Galen and its icy home
    Where ground boils and earth groans

Neath gnarled, root-formed bridges
    Find knotted loops of glowing stones

Walk with grace on new-formed rocks
    To the base of my cracked eye

Player, here lies your card
    Listen close to isle's cry

On a volcanic rock along the lava flow visible on the east side of the map.

Wispheart Totem Clue:
    Wraiths are at home
    in this doomed, craggy land

With tall, fanged spires
    And ghosts close at hand.

At southwestern corner
    of Markwasten Moor

Here lies your card
    At Agea Relle's door.

Right outside the door to the Crypt of Hearts in southeast Rivenspire.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to earn all the achievements except for Chimera. This appears to be next to impossible to achieve.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 4, 2022 1:33AM
    PCNA
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to earn all the achievements except for Chimera. This appears to be next to impossible to achieve.

This was an easy achievement to obtain, I got it in my first 2 games after acquiring the deck. Got the use the Druid King patron 10 times achievement in those 2 games as well. Below is what I did to get the achievement; first game I won, 2nd game I lost, but didn't matter, wasn't playing to win, was playing to get the achievement.

Select Red Eagle and Druid King has your decks.
    Use Red Eagle to get rid of all non-Druid King cards.
    Only buy Druid King cards.
    Depending on RNG, you'll eventually only have druid king cards and just use the patron each time. It might take more than 2 games with this strat because it does depend on getting red eagle cards to delete cards and also getting druid king cards to appear in the tavern and hope you can purchase them.

In the first game, my opponent only bought crow cards and left all druid cards in the tavern, even the cheap one's, so I got a bit lucky there. Second game my opponent did grab druid king cards, so it took a bit of time, but I did get a chimera out before he/she won the game.

Hope this helps!
    Edited by Psilent on November 5, 2022 10:15PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome information, @Psilent! I'm going to give that a try today!

Update: I followed your advice and got Chimera! It took me about 6 games but by the last one I was figuring it out and got three in one hand. Thank you!
    Edited by SilverBride on November 6, 2022 6:37AM
    PCNA