The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

what gives players those floating goldish orbs

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
So have seen a few players now in world with goldish or pearlish colored floating orbs around them .. is that a monster set or ..?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:32AM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna guess and say it's Pearlescent Ward.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pearlescent ward set from dreadsail reef
    Soupy twist
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder if it stacks with other "orb"sets like Sanctuary or Ebon?
    Edited by goldenarcher1 on September 27, 2022 7:11PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if it stacks with other "orb"sets like Sanctuary or Ebon?

they provide different bonuses, so i dont see why they wouldnt
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if you can get both green and red orbs from 2 sets to show at the same time for a Christmas look?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you can get both green and red orbs from 2 sets to show at the same time for a Christmas look?

ebon + hircines veneer i think are red + green, but i dont know if the orbs overlap on each other and end up making purple orbs lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you finish the one of the 5pcs without loading in anywhere then yes. Once you load in somewhere the orbs will synch and make purple.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhh, I love purple, might have to try this some day lol. Thank you both for the info.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...does anyone else keep misreading the thread title as "floating goldfish orbs"? :#
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes - used to do that with Ebon + Sanctuary, but i think they changed the appearance of Sanctuary?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm's Rainment and Ebon make purple orbs.
    Edited by Djennku on September 28, 2022 1:40AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ohhh, I love purple, might have to try this some day lol. Thank you both for the info.

As Djennku said, actually do worms + ebon to do purple. I am having a small brain phase and forgot how colors work haha. Hircine + ebon makes orange.

Hoping images work in this board... I've been saving images I made out of curiosity just for this occasion.

Worm+Hircine (blue-green)
    21w76Jw.png

Ebon+Hircine (orange)
    kTaAYZh.png

Ebon+Worms (magenta/purple/pink)
    BB94cjr.png

Pearl+Worm (pearl + white with some green and blue)
    IuzI4ee.png

Pearl+Hircine (pearl + green)
    o9e1887.png

Pearl+Ebon (pearl + green + red... I guess this is the most Christmassy even when synched)
    gfkZHPq.png
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fashion is the end game
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...does anyone else keep misreading the thread title as "floating goldfish orbs"? :#
    Guilty as charged. The thread also reminded me of my favourite ESO tool: Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern, which also has some pretty nice visual effects (and is very useful in especially dark places, such as The Lightless Oubliette).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

As Djennku said, actually do worms + ebon to do purple. I am having a small brain phase and forgot how colors work haha. Hircine + ebon makes orange.

Hoping images work in this board... I've been saving images I made out of curiosity just for this occasion.

21w76Jw.png

Ebon+Hircine (orange)
    kTaAYZh.png

BB94cjr.png

IuzI4ee.png

o9e1887.png

Pearl+Ebon (pearl + green + red... I guess this is the most Christmassy even when synched)
    gfkZHPq.png

AWESOME! Thank you so much, I had no idea since I've only worn one set at a time, so many possibilities. :smiley:
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

21w76Jw.png

Ebon+Hircine (orange)
    kTaAYZh.png

BB94cjr.png

IuzI4ee.png

o9e1887.png

gfkZHPq.png

AWESOME! Thank you so much, I had no idea since I've only worn one set at a time, so many possibilities. :smiley:

Another awesome from me! Thank you - those are wonderful!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could even be Race Against Time, you get gold orbs when you are in combat
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ebon + hircines veneer i think are red + green, but i dont know if the orbs overlap on each other and end up making purple orbs lol

Yes they overlapped, would have been great if they didnt.
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »

Yes they overlapped, would have been great if they didnt.

I noticed if I have a set of orbs up already, then slot something to get a 2nd set of orbs, both sets are orbiting around me independently initially .. but after fast travel then are then overlapped and the colors combined .. at least for the 2 sets I have :)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post