Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are "in clickables" and "Basepop enemies"???

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I just read the detailed information about the Heroes of High Isle Event at https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62811 and it lists two sources of event boxes that I have no idea what they are:
- In clickables
- Basepop enemies

Can someone please explain? @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 6:52PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the clickables are containers and Basepop enemies are just regular old enemies that spawn in the zone.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I'm guessing the clickables are containers and Basepop enemies are just regular old enemies that spawn in the zone.

Correct. I looked at the german article and these are indeed just containers and regular enemies.
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that more sensible words could have been chosen to describe them. Then again, ZoS often does things like this. Even if it has a proper name, they insist to give things a new name nobody understands. World bosses are now group bosses, containers are now "in clickables" (which, if that's what they are, are listed twice btw) and normal mobs in a zone are now "basepop enemies". What's the bleeding point? To sound impressive? Don't. Just don't.

Me, and I expect a lot of other players would appreciate it if ZoS starts using normal words to describe ordinary phenomenons already in the game (and any other MMO for that matter). Am I holding my breath for it to change? Nah. I prefer to live a bit longer.
    Edited by Veryamedliel on September 26, 2022 4:54PM
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A comprehensive list for your convenience:
    • Basepop enemies= normal enemies
    • Hyperpop enemies = trial bosses
    • Electropop enemies = storm atronachs
    • psychedelic pop enemies = skooma addict
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lephrel wrote: »

You forgot Jiffypop.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree that more sensible words could have been chosen to describe them. Then again, ZoS often does things like this. Even if it has a proper name, they insist to give things a new name nobody understands. World bosses are now group bosses, containers are now "in clickables" (which, if that's what they are, are listed twice btw) and normal mobs in a zone are now "basepop enemies". What's the bleeding point? To sound impressive? Don't. Just don't.

Me, and I expect a lot of other players would appreciate it if ZoS starts using normal words to describe ordinary phenomenons already in the game (and any other MMO for that matter). Am I holding my breath for it to change? Nah. I prefer to live a bit longer.

I am guessing that the wording used was some sort of template that they update to specify based on event and that they forgot to make the update to the template.
    • Varana
      Varana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      "Basepop" is not a new name, it is what they use internally for normal enemies.* I assume it's the same with "clickables" - they wrote the document with their internal terminology, and forgot to re-word it for publication.

* Happens now and then in dungeon streams with the developers - players are talking about "trash" (i.e. the normal add pulls in a dungeon/trial), and the developers talk about "basepop" (meaning the same thing). Obviously, you don't want to have the term "trash" appear in an official setting.
    • Vonkarolinas
      Vonkarolinas
      ✭✭✭

Relax, it was just a mistake. They didn't rename anything to sound impressive. "basepop" is a term used "behind the scenes" for their team. Same for "in clickables". Someone, or an automated process, simply missed these two terms when the article was published.

It was a mistake, everyone makes them.

Also, the "in clickables" isn't necessarily listed twice. This could reference more containers than what are on the list. Until they edit the list properly we won't know.
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lephrel wrote: »

I like the electropop description :smiley:

Lowpop enemies = mudcrabs
      Edited by Jaimeh on September 26, 2022 6:23PM
    • Finedaible
      Finedaible
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Lolwut.

They never used that terminology before as far as I know. I'm not surprised though when they come up with such bizarre terms for mundane things such as "kiss-curse" to describe a literal tradeoff mechanic.
    • Veryamedliel
      Veryamedliel
      ✭✭✭

Relax, it was just a mistake. They didn't rename anything to sound impressive. "basepop" is a term used "behind the scenes" for their team. Same for "in clickables". Someone, or an automated process, simply missed these two terms when the article was published.

It was a mistake, everyone makes them.

Also, the "in clickables" isn't necessarily listed twice. This could reference more containers than what are on the list. Until they edit the list properly we won't know.

Yup. We all make mistakes. And that could be the case here, even though proofreading is supposed to be done by someone outside the team, exactly to make sure a document has both the information required, said information is correct and that it's clear for everyone. And in this case it was done in what I, for the sake of the moderators, will only describe as sloppy as the average Argonian swamp. But that's not the point.

The point is, they constantly create words and confuse players for no reason. It's not just here. Go over the list of endeavors of the past year. How many forum post have been made just to get some clarification on what they actually mean and why some things count and other's do not? The entire MMO community refers to a regular overland boss as world boss. We already did so back in the late 1990s and early 2000s and everyone understands what that means. Use the name. Don't go changing it (and be selective about it as well) to "group boss" just because you can.
      Edited by Veryamedliel on September 26, 2022 7:28PM
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Hi All. Just wanted to follow up and note that we've seen the feedback here and will update the language accordingly.

Sometimes dev terms pop out in the wild sometimes. They make sense when Devs use them, but understand why it may be confusing for everyone else. If this happens again, just tag us and we'll take a look to address the confusion.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • PapaJester
      PapaJester
      ✭✭✭
      No extra rewards for Pop--N-Lock enemies? Pfft. Typical.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Something similar happened at my work not that long ago, an email had to go out while the person who usually sends (and therefore edits) them was on holiday, so the person who wrote it sent it and as a result a few mistakes didn't get caught. In that case it was someone from a corporate background forgetting there's important differences in how charities communicate - we have 'supporters' not 'customers' and 'volunteers' not 'end users' and so on.

It's not ideal because it can be confusing, but not a big deal.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Don't forget bonus points for killing Snap, Crackle, and Pop enemies
    • DP99
      DP99
      ✭✭✭✭
      I guess, "Pop Goes The Weasel" enemies are skeevers. :D
    • Kingsindarkness
      Kingsindarkness
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      msetten wrote: »
      I just read the detailed information about the Heroes of High Isle Event at https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62811 and it lists two sources of event boxes that I have no idea what they are:
      - In clickables
      - Basepop enemies

Can someone please explain? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ummm ....silly lingo that Hyper-Competitives use to sound important?

• ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post