Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lightning staff champion points

Captain_Devildog
Captain_Devildog
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know wich champion points affects Heavy attacking on a Lightning staff?
(Only slottables)
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 27, 2022 1:55AM
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stars that give you:
    Solo target damage.
    Damage from HA.
    2 (must be 3 hits but now it is 2 with U35 bug) - first tick - periodically damage (traumaturg)
    last hit - direct damage

The same time all standart stars that gives crit/spd/wpd and etc
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Lightning staff is unique in it's first two ticks count as damage over time (thaumaturge) and the last tick counts as direct damage (Master at Arms). If you are going for a pure HA build you will also want to pick up Weapons Expert in the Extended Might sub tree.

Been running some Oakensoul HA builds and fully spec'ed the HA hit like a truck now when combined with something like noble duelist.
    Edited by Xenite on September 26, 2022 1:36PM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning heavy attacks have 3 parts, channel, the "pop" at the end, and trifocus (AOE component).

They all scale with Weapon's Expert.

The channel consists of the first two ticks and scales with Deadly Aim and Thaumaturge.
    The final "pop" scales with Deadly Aim and Master-At-Arms.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on September 26, 2022 2:52PM
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all these ones work with Heavy attacking?
    ● Deadly Aim
    ● Thaumaturge
    ● Master-At-Arms
    ● Weapons Expert
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Wrathful strikes work too?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So all these ones work with Heavy attacking?
    ● Deadly Aim
    ● Thaumaturge
    ● Master-At-Arms
    ● Weapons Expert

Some of those buff all the components of the HA; others buff only part.

Master at Arms and Thaumaturge should never buff the same component of a skill, but a skill may be made up of multiple components, which can each be affected by either MaA or Thaumaturge. That is the case with HA. Thaumaturge buffs the initial ticks and MaA the last.

ETA: and not all HAs are like Lightning. Melee HAs, bows, Inferno staff, and Ice staff do not have a DoT component and so will not be buffed by Thaumaturge.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 26, 2022 2:10PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It should, as should Untamed Aggression, since HAs do still scale with Weapon/Spell Damage, but the scaling was reduced this past patch, so they will not go as far as they did previously.

Since you have only four slots in the blue tree, you might want to test to see which is the most effective combination on a dummy.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenite wrote: »
    Lightning staff is unique in it's first two ticks count as damage over time (thaumaturge) and the last tick counts as direct damage (Master at Arms). If you are going for a pure HA build you will also want to pick up Weapons Expert in the Extended Might sub tree.

Been running some Oakensoul HA builds and fully spec'ed the HA hit like a truck now when combined with something like noble duelist.

Do you have a MagSorc build that you can share?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    I like this one. I get about 82k on a dummy.
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=472801
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems pretty straight forward. Are you activating the familiar, or only using WOE and Prey as active skills? Also, have you tried swapping out Sergeant's Mail for Noble Duelist's Silks? I'm guessing that the flat damage increase from SM is tough to beat?
    Edited by CGPsaint on September 26, 2022 6:06PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergeants beats everything.

I'd recommend Infallible Aether over Storm Master in actual content unless you're playing with an optimal group that can hit the pen cap.
    Storm Master is more DPS on the raid dummy mostly because of the crit damage from medium over penetration from light which gets wasted.

Duelist and Aether are about the same, but Duelist has an awful proc condition.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on September 26, 2022 7:43PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd recommend Infallible Aether over Storm Master in actual content unless you're playing with an optimal group that can hit the pen cap.
    Storm Master is more DPS on the raid dummy mostly because of the crit damage from medium over penetration from light which gets wasted.

So IA on body with SM heavy chest, ring, neck, staff? I'm definitely more interested in a viable build for content instead of hitting big numbers on the dummy. It looks like I have a couple of options to tinker with.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

So IA on body with SM heavy chest, ring, neck, staff? I'm definitely more interested in a viable build for content instead of hitting big numbers on the dummy. It looks like I have a couple of options to tinker with.

That's what I run in randoms. I'd also go shock glyph over others as most healers don't seem to run off balance anymore.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely activate my pets. I just use
    CGPsaint wrote: »

That seems pretty straight forward. Are you activating the familiar, or only using WOE and Prey as active skills? Also, have you tried swapping out Sergeant's Mail for Noble Duelist's Silks? I'm guessing that the flat damage increase from SM is tough to beat?

I barely remember to activate the pets, I just use the wall and prey. Sometimes I swap out aegis for crystal weapon when I want to feel more "involved". Lolz it's a pretty nice setup. My bro used the same setup and we murdered on bet graven deep and get icereach. But we also had a great tank and healer.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenite wrote: »

Me and my group have been running HA group synergy builds and its so much fun to see how fast you can melt things. I'm wearing Infalliable Ether and Grave Inevitability (nobody needs trap), one person is wearing seargants mail and Rage of the Ursauk (group empower), and we're working on getting Roaring Opportunist for the last person (4th runs tank). That will be a lot of group damage when we get it all together and it'll be a ton of fun.
  • Darras
    Darras
    Soul Shriven
    I am seeing recommendations skewed across 6 or more slottables and can't figure out which are the right ones.
    e911anua5umu.jpg

• N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darras wrote: »
    I am seeing recommendations skewed across 6 or more slottables and can't figure out which are the right ones.

Depends on the content.
    Trials and dungeons will be different as will whether you're in an optimised group / PUGs / Solo.
  • Darras
    Darras
    Soul Shriven
    Depends on the content.
    Trials and dungeons will be different as will whether you're in an optimized group / PUGs / Solo.

Primarily solo, looking to max damage/crit/pen on dungeon and vet dungeon bosses.

• N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darras wrote: »
    Depends on the content.
    Trials and dungeons will be different as will whether you're in an optimized group / PUGs / Solo.

Primarily solo, looking to max damage/crit/pen on dungeon and vet dungeon bosses.

NefasQS is using Deadly Aim, Weapons Expert, Exploiter (Exploiter only if you use Wall of Elements skill) so I'd go with that myself.
    His 4th is Backstabber but that won't be useful on a solo build. For a 4th go with either Fighting Finesse, Master At Arms or Thaumaturge. Wrathful Strikes would be good for solo also.

Edited by N3CR01 on April 4, 2023 12:34PM
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Wrathfull Strikes affects only abilities. Light and Heavy attacks do not count as abilities, as far as I know.

But it will affect your pets, wall of elements and whatever else you fancy to run. That might be more dps, depending on what is the alternative.

On the trial dummy I believe SkinnyCheeks's setup is best. You can tell he is trying to reach pen cap by using force of nature, because he probably has 5 or 6 pieces of medium armor and one heavy.

In content it is heavily dependent on the group or if you are SOLO and what the rest of the build is.

There simply is no "This is the best" answer.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 7, 2023 11:11AM
    read, think and write.In that order.