The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Heroes of High Isle event: Requests for information

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Two questions about Heroes of High Isle:

1. It no longer seems as if the event will start in September. When will it start?

2. Daily Quests in High Isle will get special rewards during the event. Are Tales of Tribute daily quests included in that?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 27, 2022 1:58AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine they intend to inform everyone during the Twitch stream about the event, which will happen Thursday.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • opalcity
      opalcity
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My guess is HoHI starts on Thursday.
    • MafiaCat115
      MafiaCat115
      ✭✭✭✭
      Looks like it starts this Thursday. Took them a while to start it.
      https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62811
      Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
      Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Now the question is if the chapter will go on sale to coincide like past events like this.
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • ArchangelIsraphel
      ArchangelIsraphel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Ouch, those rewards are incredibly mediocre, more so than any in past years. That body tattoo...ugh why.

Here's hoping the mystery reward will be good, but I already have my guesses as to what it is.
      Legends never die
      They're written down in eternity
      But you'll never see the price it costs
      The scars collected all their lives
      When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
      Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
      Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
      Legends never die
    • MaraxusTheOrc
      MaraxusTheOrc
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch, those rewards are incredibly mediocre, more so than any in past years. That body tattoo...ugh why.

Here's hoping the mystery reward will be good, but I already have my guesses as to what it is.

I’m pretty happy with them. To each their own j guess.
    • luen79rwb17_ESO
      luen79rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We'll see what the special reward will be. At this point something like 100 crown crates and 20k crowns will do, even though there's nothing good to spend them on.
      PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    • jaws343
      jaws343
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We'll see what the special reward will be. At this point something like 100 crown crates and 20k crowns will do, even though there's nothing good to spend them on.

The special reward is most likely either the 4th quarter DLC zone for free or a house. They've been pretty consistent with the secret reward for these chapter related launch events.
    • starlizard70ub17_ESO
      starlizard70ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      jaws343 wrote: »

The special reward is most likely either the 4th quarter DLC zone for free or a house. They've been pretty consistent with the secret reward for these chapter related launch events.

It's usually a house that's the secret prize. The houses in the past have been nice, it really depends on if you like a given style.
      "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    • tohopka_eso
      tohopka_eso
      ✭✭✭✭
      I like the body tattoo though.
    • Living_Tribunal
      Living_Tribunal
      ✭✭✭
      I think it's been datamined that the fire
      song dlc will be the reward
    • joergino
      joergino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Uesp lists Firesong as a reward for the event:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Events

Quote:

"This reward bundle includes the Firesong DLC, Oak's Promise Markings, Plant Yourself Emote, and 6 cascading hoard boxes. Ensure this is desired character, as some gear will level lock when claimed."
    • tomofhyrule
      tomofhyrule
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      jaws343 wrote: »

It's usually a house that's the secret prize. The houses in the past have been nice, it really depends on if you like a given style.

I doubt it'll be a house. If it were a house, it'd have to have been tested on PTS at some point, and there wasn't one at all since High Isle came out on PTS. Besides, the last time it was a house (Greymoor's Antiquarian house), they straight up said it was coming at 100%.

'Secret Reward' was exactly the phrase used last year when they gave away the Deadlands DLC, so my guess is that we'll all be able to get a free copy of the DLC at the end of the event.
    • FluffWit
      FluffWit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You can also acquire Society of the Steadfast's Munificence Coffers through the following methods:

Delve and World bosses
      Dreadsail Reef non-final bosses
      Dreadsail Reef final boss
      Volcanic vents
      Basepop enemies
      Opening treasure chests
      Opening safeboxes
      In clickables
      Psijic portals
      Thieves troves
      Crafting resource nodes
      Pickpocketing

I'll just farm the clickables.
    • Triplesixtyson
      Triplesixtyson
      ✭✭✭
      Sounds like a fun event actually 😁
    • Kirawolfe
      Kirawolfe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I doubt it'll be a house. If it were a house, it'd have to have been tested on PTS at some point, and there wasn't one at all since High Isle came out on PTS. Besides, the last time it was a house (Greymoor's Antiquarian house), they straight up said it was coming at 100%.

I thought we were getting an hourglass that could set the time at your house? Or is that later?
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kirawolfe wrote: »

I thought we were getting an hourglass that could set the time at your house? Or is that later?

That’s the event reward that we can get with tickets in Q4, not the event reward that ZOS puts in the crown store as a bundle for High Isle owners for this last event of Q3.
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      So the Tales of Tribute question remains unanswered. ::sigh::

• FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also not clear -- does having one of the new companions active give you a chance at companion gear from any box awarded? (And is the chance and the quality of the gear good enough to matter?)
    • ArchangelIsraphel
      ArchangelIsraphel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I’m pretty happy with them. To each their own j guess.

I'm glad you like them, honestly. I'm sure there are others that will too. It's great for people that don't have many of these yet.

I'm afraid I just can't get excited over any of it, it's too similar to things they've given out before or have had in crates before. Past years rewards were far more original.

Giving out the DLC rather than selling it is an impressive move on their part if the rumors are true, but I would have had access anyway with eso+ it's great for people that don't sub though, so I'm happy for them.
      Legends never die
      They're written down in eternity
      But you'll never see the price it costs
      The scars collected all their lives
      When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
      Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
      Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
      Legends never die
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My question is: why can we only get companion gear drops from the reward boxes if we have Ember or Isobel out, but not Mirri or Bastian?
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • WiseSky
      WiseSky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Two questions about Heroes of High Isle:

1. It no longer seems as if the event will start in September. When will it start?

2. Daily Quests in High Isle will get special rewards during the event. Are Tales of Tribute daily quests included in that?

@ZOS_Kevin

Are Tales of Tribute daily quests included to give special rewards or tickets?
      Immersive Quests Addon
      Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
      List of Immersion Addons
    • FrancisCrawford
      FrancisCrawford
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      My question is: why can we only get companion gear drops from the reward boxes if we have Ember or Isobel out, but not Mirri or Bastian?

Surely because they're from High Isle.

The event is structured so as to drive engagement with High Isle.
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely because they're from High Isle.

The event is structured so as to drive engagement with High Isle.

jttfbx9u0tj1.jpg
      Mirri is not amused. Bastian couldn't be approached to comment, as he choked on a piece of cheese.
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • boi_anachronism_
      boi_anachronism_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Unattuned crafting stations is a pretty solid reward yo. I'm down with that. But like now I gotta get one of the high isle companions which I will never use after the event.
      Edited by boi_anachronism_ on September 28, 2022 2:15PM