The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS NA skill points reset on one character today

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I log in every day and first do crafting writs on five characters. I got a strange message when I first logged onto the second one about gaining something like 2000 champion points which was odd, I looked at the screen but everything seemed okay (haven’t done PvP on that toon for a while, though.)

Third toon for crafting writs I did alchemy daily and it did not complete the quest. I looked and she now has no skill points in Chemistry to make four servings.

Did I lose skill points? I will have to check the other toons but none of them needed to do alchemy writs today yet.

Very concerned that other stuff is messed up now.

ADD: I only have 2 mudcrabs chitin now and cannot complete the daily because a bunch of it disappeared.

ADD2: Farmed mudcrabs chitin on above character to finish daily writ, logged into next character and it’s all gone. So far this character has her alchemy skills.

Note that I did not need mudcrab chitin for the potions, just the “acquire 3/3 mudcrab chitin” requirement below the essence of stamina or whatever potion I needed to make
Edited by katanagirl1 on September 25, 2022 5:47PM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE:

I farmed something like 35 mudcrab chitin one evening, and have been slowly losing some even though I am not using it to craft daily writs or master alchemy writs or even just potions in general.

I finally caught the point at which I am losing mudcrab chitin. It is when I turn in the already crafted potions/poisons and I have it here on video.

I still don't know if I have lost the 3 skill points for Chemistry on two toons or if they were somehow refunded. Those toons have 3 of each of the daily crafting writ poisons so that would back up my claims that these characters did in fact have those skill points already assigned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVLizhMR7U&list=PLGGjwEyVKCjpNeVP6-MCuwzs0s7bzrkc9&index=83
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The alchemy daily writs always ask for 3 of a particular ingredient in addition to the crafted poison/potion. Some days it will be chitin.

Just like some days the enchanting writ asks for an Oko on top of the glyph you make. Other days it will ask for some other runestone.

What is the issue exactly if you are losing them to that requirement?
    Edited by virtus753 on September 30, 2022 4:56AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    The alchemy daily writs always ask for 3 of a particular ingredient in addition to the crafted poison/potion. Some days it will be chitin.

Just like some days the enchanting writ asks for an Oko on top of the glyph you make. Other days it will ask for some other runestone.

It does ask you to acquire them, but this is the only case I’ve seen it remove them. Plus, I already met the requirements for the writ before I turned it in and completed the quest.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It does ask you to acquire them, but this is the only case I’ve seen it remove them. Plus, I already met the requirements for the writ before I turned it in and completed the quest.

It should always remove them when you turn it in. That is the way it has always worked for me, and it’s why I’m constantly out of things like Mudcrab Chitin and Oko (which is used to craft the health glyph on the day that’s required and is then also required on its own as the mat “sacrifice” du jour).

If the game was not actually removing the mats it asks for, that would have been the bug.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It should always remove them when you turn it in. That is the way it has always worked for me, and it’s why I’m constantly out of things like Mudcrab Chitin and Oko (which is used to craft the health glyph on the day that’s required and is then also required on its own as the mat “sacrifice” du jour).

If the game was not actually removing the mats it asks for, that would have been the bug.

Yes, after close examination I see this is correct. However, with the writs requiring alkhest and spider eggs, I got three of them back in the rewards container so it evened out. Nirnroot did not. So it must be random what you get in return. I don’t seem to have a problem with nirnroot. I must never get mudcrab chitin in the rewards container to make up for it, though.

So I would suggest either mudcrab chitin be added to the rewards container or that item switched out for something more common and easier to obtain.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, after close examination I see this is correct. However, with the writs requiring alkhest and spider eggs, I got three of them back in the rewards container so it evened out. Nirnroot did not. So it must be random what you get in return. I don’t seem to have a problem with nirnroot. I must never get mudcrab chitin in the rewards container to make up for it, though.

So I would suggest either mudcrab chitin be added to the rewards container or that item switched out for something more common and easier to obtain.

Yes, this is a very good point: we do not get all the *types* of mats back that we put in. And that contributes to the issue where certain resources are being drained much faster than others. Nirnroot can be gotten, as can corn flower. I’m pretty sure most plants can be - and for poison ingredients in particular there’s also the Shadowy Supplier. But that doesn’t help with things like chitin.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had this mudcrab daily writ come up several times this week and I am almost out of mats again. I’m either going to have to take an hour each week to farm it, or start abandoning this particular daily.

@ZOS_Kevin I am not sure who is the right person to flag for this, but is there any way this can be changed to another more common mat or have it be added to the rewards box for the same daily writ? It might also eliminate all of those coordinated sorc bot trains that plague the Alik’r coastline from murdering the poor mudcrabs as well, if others are also running short of mats and have to buy them and this is pushing up demand for it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA