The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

High Kinlord Rilis and my set up..help

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Running a Stamina Imperial Templar and for fun I decided to try running Knights Errant Mail and Deadland Demolisher, with a necklace of bashing and ring of Knight Errants to give me two 5pc sets. I saved a jewelry slot for Oakensoul. Nerfed or not, it helps.

HOWEVER

Veteran Banished Cells solo.

High Kinlord Rilis wore me down and killed me. That took 30 minutes I gave up.
I took a Companion - Isobel and she is new and died fast. (should have took Bastion completely leveled up with a healing staff)
And when I died High Kinlord Rilis called me some expletives and made fun of my mother. Ok, that is how it felt.

Running 2H, Twice Born Star and Pariah, I was able to beat the crap out of High Kinlord Rilis. And mock his parents.

The issue I had with my current 1H&S setup was not being able to do enough damage, and those healing orbs made up for it.
The blasts that knocked me down I could not prevent with block.
Health was not too much of an issue - Knights Errant and Radiant Ward are dandy! Was also running Sugar Skulls.

Sustain was not too bad at first. I tried to use heavy attacks and potions to recover stam...but after a while, it was failing badly.

So, with what I have shared...how to make this design work...
Go with a Magplar?
Go back to 2H and that setup?
Learn to play like a real player?
Therapy to accept my parents?

Looking for suggestions from the stubborn! (Not Stibbons)

Thanks for your kindness,

Z
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy is one of the hardest Bosses in the game, due to his hopping around. I wont do that fight without a gap closing skill on my Tank
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Nestor

Thanks for that!

And you do it with a Tank? Solo?
    I can see you never running low and health and sustain, but what do you use for damage.

I am definitely lacking AOE, but the hopping around...hmmm..

My gap closer is Shield Assault. But yes, it adds up.
    What do you do for stam sustain?

Tanks!

Z
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a magplar in there, his freezing me with knock downs i have not been able to predict or prevent. my companion cannot be a tank, they stand is stupid and die to quick. While normal is rather easy, vet is troublesome, due to the duration of U35. I need to get past those unexpected (to me) and unblockable knockdowns to complete it. Good luck to you!
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run master 2h with brawler as a spammable, mostly dps build. The only issue with the boss is that he throws you up randomly, you can get stuck in midair and start to get damage while you can't even use the abilities. But otherwise it's fine. He spams daedroths and because of that I have tons of damage (master 2h moment) and lots of shields (brawler moment). Companion isn't really needed there.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This guy is one of the hardest Bosses in the game, due to his hopping around. I wont do that fight without a gap closing skill on my Tank

He's not even close to most of bosses in DLC content. He has a very annoying mechanic, and that's it.