Frozen blood dye

Living_Tribunal
Living_Tribunal
✭✭✭
Took about 3 hours but got the frozen blood and bloodroot wine dyes. It was tough but well worth it! Are there an other tough to get dyes that look cool? zp3649ab5ngz.jpg
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transliminal Violet, if you do not pvp much or are with a dedicated group.

then, all the high tier pvp colors, such as Legate Black or Palatine White :smile:
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want hard? Go get the "common" monster trophy dyes... They have near 0% drop rate. They may have a negative drop rate. Its that low. They are essentially impossible to get without being insanely lucky or insane enough to kill thousands of mobs over and over and over and over and over again just to get 1 trophy.

I have the rank 50 pvp dye and I am not over exaggerating... My grand overlord dye was less of a grind and easier to get...

ZOS. Refuses. To. Fix. This.

"Common" dyes are literally the hardest and slowest to obtain in the game. So if you want hard dyes go wear all of them. By the way they are really low quality and bad.

*thumbs up*
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you like of course, but for me the most satisfying dye unlock was Firedrake Red. It's a vibrant red that dyes matte on pretty much everything. It requires 1000 kills in BG's, as in last hits.

So back when I discovered I absolutely needed it (since my main char's primary accent colour is red) it required me to "git gud" at pvp (well, more like half decent) and then I discovered I quite liked BG's, which I never really tried before I had a fashion reason to do so!

For recent(ish) veteran dyes I think Scintillating Scarlet is also pretty nice, it is a dark red dye with a slight shine to it, but pretty subtle in comparison to most shiny dyes, so for me it works well on some costumes (and I usually avoid using shiny dyes).

Transliminal Violet is also great for a more "weathered" looking gold, being more muted than other gold dyes in the same colour range.
    Though when in doubt, collect all the dyes! :D
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hollowfang Cruor (for beating Moongrave Fane and Lair of Maarselok on vet) is my red of choice. I like to combine it with Void Pitch and you can see the color better on Mirri in the attached picture.

dgg34dc9eso5.jpg
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! A few of these I didn't know I already had. The rest....off a hunting I goooo!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollowfang Cruor (for beating Moongrave Fane and Lair of Maarselok on vet) is my red of choice. I like to combine it with Void Pitch and you can see the color better on Mirri in the attached picture.

dgg34dc9eso5.jpg

Can I just take a moment to express how cool you and your companion look? <3
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pwo5rxgzfpp6.jpg

Cardsharp Crimson is pretty nice
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

dgg34dc9eso5.jpg

Can I just take a moment to express how cool you and your companion look? <3

Much appreciated!
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bedlam purple (vet CR) and voidstone violet (no death CoA2) are my bane.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voidstone violet is another good one if you really like deep blue. It's purple but the reflection is a very nice shade of dark blue making it look really nice when not in direct light.

Cyrodiilic Steel is great for weapons, armor, and certain accents on outfits that need a good metal color.

Akatosh Scales Gold is great for when you need a good gold color. The other golds imo either are too vibrant or closer to a brass color.

Legate's Black is a great one to where it's a black with a more white reflection than Coldharbour ash that had a tiny hint of brown. Makes for a great black on silks, sword handles, and the like.
    Edited by Vevvev on September 25, 2022 3:52PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    Man, these suggestions are awesome!! I have so many to try to get meow.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, Hollowfang Cruor is actually the dark subtly shiny red I meant in my earlier post!
    Scintillating Scarlet is also a very nice colour though, but much shinier so for me its use is more limited.

Akatosh Gold is also very nice, especially on smaller surfaces like crossguards for swords.
    I like Cyrodillic Steel as well. Though my favourite dye for metal armour is Lycantrophy Grey, as it's not too dark but also not too light. Armour wise I love the new Chivalric Silver as well, though that's very shiny and might be less good looking on a character that's not a knight in full plate.

If you want to give leather a hard boiled / laquered leather look, Brewer's Ale Brown and Deep Colovian Brown will often add a subtle shiny effect. It works with some other browns too, but those two have usually the best looking effect for me. Motif Master Brown can also give this effect, but it's much more pronounced, so it only looks good on certain pieces, mostly depending on the amount of details and flat surfaces.
    For a good example of the above, try for example a costume with a corset (like Off the Shoulder Dress or Corseted Riding Outfit). When dyed with Dried Blood Brown or Book Cover Brown it will look like soft leather, but when dyed with Brewers' Ale Brown or Colovian Brown it will look like hard rigid leather. The same trick works with some other colours too, though leather lends itself best to browns in my experience.

• Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liar's Linen is a nice one you can acquire for getting the "I Like M’aiq" achievement.

You have to find M'iaq all over Tamriel in his random spots within the base game zones.

Not necessarily hard to obtain, more so then time consuming (much like Master Angler chievo), but still a nice looking dye that can take a while (and a bit of luck) to get! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!