The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are good anti gank gear and skills?

Digibrax
Digibrax
✭✭✭
I would like to go more in to PvP zones (IC, Cyro) to do quests for starters, finish the zone and all that PvE jazz.
So, I need to survive (gankers for the most part). What are the best anti gank sets, gear, skills or even builds?
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Movement and only looking on the map when you´re safe and not outside. Don´t go afk where you are exposed to ganks.
    Do that and you will have reduced the ganks on you by 80%.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this, instead of complaining you come hear to ask for help. Huge respect!

Nearly every gank is over in the first 3 seconds, we either kill you or we run. So what you are going to want is something that can help you survive that first 3 seconds and then recover to full so the ganker must retreat.

Multiple sets can help you achieve this, but I personally like zoal's. Actually never once got ganked while wearing it and it has thwarted many of my own gank attempts. Only a 2 piece set as well! Its almost perfect, but it has two weaknesses.

1: ranged gankers can still attack without getting feared
    2: Immovable potions can allow attackers to ignore the fear

Luckily ranged gankers are bottom of the barrel in terms of damage and skill, so as long as you keep your passive defenses tight they will be nothing more then a mild inconvenience. Keep major/minor protection up and have at least one defensive champion point such as ironclad. A plentiful amount of crit resist is also helpful to avoid an insta kill from a ranged attacker.
    Their only trick is to try and use the bow ultimate on you, which is easily countered by a tree or rock. Yep just roll until you reach cover and they will have nothing left to try to kill you.
    Immovable potions are pretty rare for gankers to be using and they would have to already know you are wearing Zoals. Its fine though everything should have counters and thats why you don't completely rely on tricks like Zoals.

After you survive a gank you are going to be in huge pain, hp probably in the execute range. Your first instinct will probably be to roll, but do not do this! Almost every ganker is using the dual wield execute to finish off targets and it cannot be dodged. Instead you should slot your class insta heal and block cast back to full hp before trying to fight back. Block casting is like ganker kryptonite, we cant handle it. Its the reason we have to kill anyone good in the first 3 seconds.

As far as other defensive sets goes I think thats up to you, but I wouldn't advise relying on high armor! Nbs have tons of armor penetration and we laugh at anything less then a full on tanks armor. Try using sets that offer non armor based damage mitigation, but only use one. You don't need zoal's and two defensive sets to fight gankers. Have over 30k hp at a minimum to insure they do not burst you down with the sneak attack.

Right now dk, warden, and templar are the big nuisance classes to gank. Either of these 3 have amazing heals for the block casting I mentioned earlier. Block casting it literally just holding block while casting a skill, its easy. So slot a BIG heal, a stealth detection ability like flare(also gives major protection), zoals, one defensive CP, and one defensive set that isn't an armor buff. Rallying cry is a good set for defense and offense. If you keep that buff up you will have a good crit resistance buff and damage.

Good luck though, because even with all of this they can simply outplay you and win anyways. You will have the advantage however and I know with this you can at least survive the sneak attack/follow up execute. In the event that they do not give up after you survive the burst try to keep pressure on them with detect potions, a gap closer, and strong burst aoe abilities. If that can't cloak they will probably try rolling, so you are going to want undodge able attacks to keep the pressure on them. If they can't roll away they will try running, so that is why you pop the detect potion and use gap closers. You can easily win a prolonged fight against a ganker, they simply are not built for it.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of really good advice from slam there. The only thing I'll add is... Maybe play night blade yourself. Especially in imperial city, if your primary goal is just questing, being able to go invisible yourself not only protects you from getting ganked by players but helps you run effortlessly through NPCs as well. Just really speeds things up.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sea serpents coil is 40 percent damage reduction
    Run over 35k hp and most nb won't bother attacking you
    There are sets like Phoenix and berserker that give you a big heal if you are low hp
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try Zoal monster set with slippery CP. This can help give you a free pass on the first gank attempt. Gives you some time to prepare.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for all the answers. I play mostly healers and tanks, so HP will not be an issue XD
    Ok than, Zoal is a must, as well as slippery. The rest I can figure out.

Thanks again and cheers! :)
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up "ESO the angler"....nothing better then a troll tank build in IC.
  • Eternalscourge1
    Eternalscourge1
    ✭✭✭
    Harbingers and high damage mitigation combined with lowest block cost you can get
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever skills and sets you use to blow up regular players.

It's about anti gank behavior. What people don't get is the gank interaction starts when the ganker sees their target and the gankee enters an area they can be ganked. In this way, the gankee can start playing first. If the gankee always operates as if someone is going to gank them, then they will be less likely to get ganked. In short, be paranoid. Here is a list of behaviors that will stop me from ganking someone, or at least make me think twice

-Use the buddy system. A ganker can turn a 2v1 into a 1v1 on the opener, but they can only turn a 3v1 into a 2v1.
    -Cast detects periodically. Don't even have to keep it up 100% just the idea that I can get revealed on the approach is enough to make me think twice
    -Even better than detects, pointblank aoe cc. If you're streaking every few seconds on a sorc, I won't bother
    -If you're using the buddy system, walk in front of someone tankier. Tail gets the bite
    -zig zag through open spaces. Sounds like a small thing, but it's hard to line up a heavy weave on someone that doesn't move predictably. Not to mention, you might desync your flank which would deprive a ganker of the stun
    -when farming npcs, try to keep your back to a wall or obstacle.
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Zoals Zoals Zoals
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankers don’t like detection pots either.

Pretty fun lighting into one who’s crouching thinking he’s invisible. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly…