The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Build with only crafted armour

Tantala
Tantala
✭✭✭
Hi,
I'm tgrying to run a character through the entire ESO PVE storyline content solo. This makes much of the best armour unobtainable in practice. However, the character is maxxed out in all crafts so I wondered what I could do about avoiding non-craftable armour as I don't really have the patience farm overland sets and anyway most of those require pieces which are difficult to get solo.

The character involved is a stamina warden. Most guides give a starter setup which is all crafted but rapidly go on to replace one or both of the original sets with equipment involving trials or veteran dungeons. I currently have Hundings and Ashen Grip (and the ring of the Pale Order). I have actually accumulated enough Briar to get the 5 piece bonus but the traits are all over the place and the equipment would leave me with weapons and 3 body pieces Hundings and 3 body pieces neck and one ring Briar, which I believe is non-optimal.

Hints, advice etc would be much appreciated.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orders wrath from high isle is a great crafted set for a dps build

im not entirely sure what your looking for, but from what your listing that your using your looking for more of a DPS build

if you have obtained the items of briarheart, if you had the transmute stones you could recreate it in the correct traits, or if it cost more than 50 transmute to recreate, you could just use a transmute station to change the traits on the items you already have
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orders is definitely solid. Beyond that it's a case of what you feel you need- damage, toughness or sustain. If all you want to do is the main story it's so easy I'd just go full damage- Orders and Hundings. Simple. If you want to tackle harder stuff- soloing bosses, world events and dungeons you may need more sustain or toughness, especially if you're low cp.

Are you not prepared to buy overland sets from traders for role playing reasons? Or because of the cost?

Once I got to 160 on my current account I just bought 5 pieces Spriggans in traders. It was cheap and 3 months later I haven't felt the need to replace it yet. Hell, buying 5 Spriggans would probably be cheaper then buying four Iridium platings to upgrade 2 pieces of crafted jewelery.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is when you weapon swap between two sets that things can get weird. Since you craft weapons in Hundings, you can set up both bars with Hundings.

It does not matter what body parts wear what pieces. Other than leaving Shoulder and Head for Monsters, if you are going to use those.

And, since you are doing story content, just wearing on level gear is all you need. Sets choices are really superfluous.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical acuity and orders wrath.
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I should probably have given a bit more informative. I originally started playing ESO before One Tamriel but packed up when I reached the original post-50 grind. I came back a while later and had some success with a Khajit Nightblade, who was rather more social, joining a guild and participating in PVP in Cyrodil. For various reasons I packed up again and came back recently to start a completely new character intending to do as much content as I could solo. Now, according to what I have read you can do almost anything solo provided you are well enough equipped. The catch 22 is that the gear you need to do all the solo stuff actually almost mandates grouping.

Amyway, the Nightblade became my craftsman and, recently, artifact hound. My new warden received a massive power boost when turning 50 and inheriting all the CP generated by the Nightblade on my previous round of play - I now stand at ~ 780CP.

Currently my pay hours are irregular and unpredictable, which makes finding regular companions difficult. I have a hatred of pickup groups acquired from many bad experiences with PUGs in other MMOs.

The idea of using transmute crystals had occurred to me but I can see no way to get them which does not involve grouping and/PVP. Maybe I can make a few sneaking around Cyrodil but probably not enough.

Hopefully I can try some of your suggestions and get to the stage where I can solo the easier Undaunted dungeoun challenges.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some great suggestions above. I’ve run the entire ESO storyline solo on several characters using only crafted gear and/or whatever good set pieces dropped in various zones along the way. For stamina characters, Hundings and …well if you already have Briarheart, I’d use that and not worry about the traits. Or make a set of Night Mothers Gaze. For magicka, I use Julianos and Seducers or the new Orders Wrath or Mothers Sorrow, which is not craftable, but pretty easy to get if you run delves and dolmens and public dungeons and easy WBs in Deschaan.

You can also buy set pieces of various armor from guild traders.

If you have High Isle, the Oakensoul ring is still pretty useful even after the nerf because of all the buffs it gives. You’re limited to one bar, though. Pale Order is probably better for certain content when running solo.

If you really need crystals and have a lot of patience, you can can mend castle walls in Cyrodiil during one of the month-long campaigns (has to be your home campaign). Fill your first bar of AP earned (25000 AP) and you get 50 crystals when the campaign ends. Do it on more than one alt for more crystals. No need to group up or even PvP at all, but it’s rather tedious. Do a few Cyrodiil town quests to earn AP and you get a few extra crystals in the Rewards foe the Worthy e-mails. But running random normal dungeons is probably faster.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭
    Concerning the last part of your second post, I wouldn't worry about that. With basic sets like Hunding's, Briarheart and the Ring of the Pale Order on a Stamina Warden you could definitely solo most base game dungeons, some DLC dungeons and do the Maelstrom and Vateshran Hollow arena's.

Considering you're wanting to use only crafted sets, I'd go with Order's Wrath on the body (except the head and shoulders) in medium armor. I'd then craft a Hunding's ring, amulet, head piece (either medium or light) and weapons for your front and back bar. You could then craft a Druid's Braid shoulder (in medium or light). That leaves one jewelry slot for the Ring of the Pale Order.

Later on you could do the Maelstrom Arena (on normal it's easy) to get an Arena weapon to replace the Hunding's weapon on your backbar. Once you finish exploring the Orsinium zone, you'll probably end up with the Briarheart weapons and jewelry you could use to replace Hunding's entirely. And you could check the inventory of The Golden Vendor every weekend to see if there's a nice shoulder of a Monster set on sale that you can replace the Druid's Braid item with.
    Edited by BasP on September 24, 2022 8:10PM
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, came back and saw DarcyMartin's post a bit too late. For simplicity I had made 2 Orders Wrath armour pieces, an amulet and two weapons (sword and bow) - all purple except the weapons. The advice on Cyrodil will be useful, though, and I'll keep the other suggestions in mind in case the OW doesn't work out. Meanwhile I'll be working on another mythic artifact to fill the underused ring slot or slide in elsewhere and add another OW ring.

Thanks all for your interest and suggestions. Now all I have to do is fix the G key on this keyboard so that I don't have to hammer it to get it to respond. Fortunately it is not vital for ESO ...
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone is still interested, I tried out the OW/Hundings build doing an Undaunted quest in Spindleclutch I and had no difficulty completing it. Then I realised it was the weekend so I checked what the golden vendor had on offer - there was a monster shoulder item offering a stamina/health/magika lift so I picked that up and replaced the remaining ring with a Hundings item just so that every slot is contributing some sort of extra boost. This gives me time to sort out the Briar stuff and see if replacing the Hundings with that gives a worthwhile boost.

Thanks again for all the advice/info.