The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character screen addon profiles

TagCdog
TagCdog
In the interest of (addon related) bug prevention, faster loading times, less (addon related) crashes, and easier troubleshooting I think a huge PC quality of life feature would be the addition of character screen addon profiles:

All Enabled
All Disabled
Custom 1
Custom 2
Custom 3
Custom 4, etc…

If players had an easier method of enabling only the addons they needed at the time prior to loading into a character, I believe they would have an overall better in-game experience that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary addons.

Also, I am not sure if this is a good idea or not, but maybe also add a (protected) button to clear out the saved variables folder to reset all addon settings. I’ve seen more than a few crashes related to corrupted or excessively large saved variables.
Edited by Psiion on September 22, 2022 9:03PM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

As this thread is a discussion regarding Add-Ons, we have moved it from the Bug Report section to the Add-Ons and UI Mods section of the Forums as it is better fit there.
    Staff Post
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well @ZOS_Psiion , good morning :-) This is NOT addon related as we cannot create addons at the character screen, but this was a legal request for the vanilal UI/base game :D

And to get abck to the topic: YES please add such more easy addon handling at the character screen! At least provide a way to unselect/select ALL addons with 1 click/keybind. It really annoys me having to manually removing the small checkboxes on 120 lines! (and there are a lot of users asking for the same QOL features since 2014 ...).

Edited by Baertram on September 23, 2022 7:46AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can enable or disable addons on a per-character basis, although you have to log into the character to do that.

But I agree that pre-set groups or profiles of addons would be useful. For example I have a couple of crafting related addons which I only have active on my crafter. That works for me because I have a dedicated character for that activity, but I know a lot of players craft on characters who also do other stuff so I can imagine they might want separate 'combat' and 'crafting' pre-sets.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As info:
    -You can use the addon "Addon Selector" for the profiles after character selection, ingame.
    -You can also log out and manipulate the "AddOnSettings.txt" file in your live/ fodler (copy multiple e.g. to build your profiles and rename the needed one to "AddOnSettings.txt" before start of the launcher/game)
    This will change the enabled addons and libs at character selection already but would need you to maintain the txt files outside of the game. You'll find the server, below the character name and then the addon/lib names with a 0 (disabled) or 1 (enabled) line. Just change them according to your need.

But there is no way to add an addon at the character selection screen providing such profiles.
    And if you do not play on PC you do not have a chance to use addons or manipulate that AddOnSettings.txt file for your needs.