The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the disconnect from ZOS to player this large?

masterofpow3r
masterofpow3r
✭✭
For months Battlegrounds have been plagued with 80% of the games being boring objective based activities that most players despise. Just be honest, there is a reason why deathmatch is ubiquitously the most popular gamemode in almost every online competitive game.

What solution could there be to fix this? It is very simple, separate Objective game modes from Deathmatch as categories, and give a 50% chance of rolling from either the Objective or Deathmatch gamemode for each random battleground.

What does ZOS do? They remove deathmatch for a 5 day 'event' and force people into playing the worst of all objective game modes that is Capture the Flag.

Why? Do you want to drive even more PVPers away, given that battleground is the only functional PVP gamemode due to the non functional servers. It's just ridiculous at this point.

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 5:51PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the frustration, but ZOS has also run a number of Battlegrounds tests messing with the available game modes. They've already stated they can't give everyone the split queues they want and still have reasonable queue times. So they've probably got a fair idea of how many people will be interested in playing CTR mode for a small extra reward.

If you're right and most PVPers avoid BG for this event, hey, that'll prove the point. If you aren't right, then hey, a bunch of players have a good time capturing relics.

And presumably ZOS'll have weekends showcasing other modes, so you can put up a big show of support for Deathmatch weekend.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only do bgs now to finish off a few achievements I have left the bgs In this game are pretty generic and boring I still think Wow had the best of any game and it's been a long time since I played that game but at least you could choose what you wanted to play in I spent ages in alterac valley

Idk pvp isn't there priority and won't be anytime soon.
  • masterofpow3r
    masterofpow3r
    ✭✭
    I get the frustration, but ZOS has also run a number of Battlegrounds tests messing with the available game modes. They've already stated they can't give everyone the split queues they want and still have reasonable queue times. So they've probably got a fair idea of how many people will be interested in playing CTR mode for a small extra reward.

If you're right and most PVPers avoid BG for this event, hey, that'll prove the point. If you aren't right, then hey, a bunch of players have a good time capturing relics.

And presumably ZOS'll have weekends showcasing other modes, so you can put up a big show of support for Deathmatch weekend.

Yes, lets spend months of pointless testing to prove something that is already blindingly obvious. [snip]

Like I said, the simple solution, make Battlegrounds 50% Deathmatch and 50% Objective, with Objective a random spin between any of those undesirable gamemodes.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 5:52PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought these PvP weekend events were supposed to be fun. Forced Capture the Relic is the antithesis of fun.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not trying to be a downer here but
    1. Cyrodiil is still broken.
    2. Imperial City is dead.
    3. Battlegrounds are now Capture the Relic only for the next 4 days.
    What is going on?
    PC NA
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    What is going on?

we get zosd
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    25% ap gain is a joke. They need to add a 0 to it 250 % sounds about right to endure 4 days of the same bg.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is going on?

Almost every possible answer to that question could be seen as "conspiracy theory", "trolling or baiting", "petitions and protest", "rude and insulting comments", "inappropriate language", "goodbye/quitting threads", "flaming", "cursing and profanity", "bashing and slanderous comments" or some sort of "abusive language and disruptive behavior" or something else violating the forum rules.

So i am trying to be as respectful and constructive as possible:
    If ESO wanted to keep PvP in the game, they would have fixed it years ago. They focused on PvE instead. There was not enough time and money left for PvP. We should be thankful they did not completely delete it yet. Maybe we get lucky and they will accidentally fix it for a while. Like PC NA after the server update. But we should not count on it. Hopefully PC NA players can keep PvP alive for a little while longer, because on all the other platforms and servers it is not looking good.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    And pve is this dungeon wise
    1 shot mechanic s check
    2 lots of reds circle s that kill you check
    The end.....
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the truth is that it is much cheaper and easier to make the broad mass of pve average players happy than high end players in the pvp / pve area, because that would require much more investment than repititive quests, 2 dungeons and a few brain dead sets with each update.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the objective modes, they are trying to cater to what I would call "casual pvpers". People who are eitherrnew or not very interested in actual fights.
    Problem is, this effort ruins bgs for everyone.
    Dm players will just ignore the objectives and farm casuals all game, and that's how you get "winning" teams with 0-10 kda.
    So who is having fun here? Pvpers forced into terribly designed objective modes? Objective players getting farm at spawn?
    That's right, no one.
    And let's not forget the basically non existent MMR system. There is a reason a robust matchmaking system is required in games like this.
    It's not mainly for bragging rights like the devs think.
    It's to make more equal, competitive and thus fun lobbies.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was not looking forward to this event. The surprising thing is, people are actually playing the objectives in high/higher MMR. So it's been fairly fun.

But that doesn't address the main issue - many players want Deathmatch 24/7.

ZoS should set up a separate DM queue, like we had before. And the objective-based BGs are a separate queue. That way people can play what they prefer: DM or objectives.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is going on?

Your first point is spot on. Tried to run in a 4 man group last night in Cyro...3 disconnects in a row. The lag was atrocious and even after re-starting my Console, I still ran into players freezing, glitching and ultimately disconnecting entirely from the game. It's absolutely unacceptable how the servers run in this game in 2022