Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

no wraithtide horse?

emilyhyoyeon
emilyhyoyeon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was really looking forward to the new wraithtide mounts. I was hoping for a horse. There's no horse at all. Is this intended? It's very strange to me.
Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was one datamined, but it was cut from the crates so it is unfortunately intended :/
    I really hope this is not going to set a new precedent going forward...
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @meekmiko This horse is not apart of this crate and as stated before, the official list presented above is final. There are no missing rewards from the list.

^ from the Wraithtide crates news article thread
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    There was one datamined, but it was cut from the crates so it is unfortunately intended :/
    I really hope this is not going to set a new precedent going forward...
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @meekmiko This horse is not apart of this crate and as stated before, the official list presented above is final. There are no missing rewards from the list.

^ from the Wraithtide crates news article thread

That's actually incredibly disappointing. Thanks for the response though, I never looked at that forum section
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, a “why” would be nice from ZOS. Unless I’m being rude and they provided an explanation.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arvak is still in the soul cairn, that's why it's not in the crates.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, a “why” would be nice from ZOS. Unless I’m being rude and they provided an explanation.

The weirdest thing about it to me is that, if the horse were just cut completely, why they chose to cut the horse instead of something like the bear, since bear mounts (along with camel) are consistently complained about as making people motion sick which prevents people from buying them.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was crushed that the horse was cut. I was really looking forward to it. It might have given me a little inspiration to come back and play for a while.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭

The weirdest thing about it to me is that, if the horse were just cut completely, why they chose to cut the horse instead of something like the bear, since bear mounts (along with camel) are consistently complained about as making people motion sick which prevents people from buying them.

I have no doubt they'll release it at some point, I just hope it's not as a 600 gem exclusive item as that would be unbelievably stupid, but I definitely don't see it being sold directly for crowns and certainly not given away for free.
  • aluminuum
    aluminuum
    I just created a forum account to comment about this. I wish they'd say why it wasn't released with the crates. Was really looking forward to getting it. :/
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon as a limited time gem exclusive in a crown store near you!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, maybe they'll give it away for next month's logon rewards?

lmao, I can dream.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, maybe they'll give it away for next month's logon rewards?

lmao, I can dream.

you know, I actually had that thought too. If that's the case a huge chunk of my faith in them would be restored.

I just think it'd be weird to be brought as an exclusive because I don't see why they'd not do it with a similar-but-slightly-altered version. Like not putting the horse in the crates but bringing as an exclusive seems like they'd lose money versus put the horse in the crates and make a recolored version as an exclusive.

But meh I'm just so sad about this. I'm really picky about mounts and rarely see any I'd want. I love ghost stuff. :(
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭

I like the camel mounts and as someone who suffers from motion sickness/VR sickness i've never really experienced it. Kinda crappy theres no horse mounts i know they are popular.

but i'm loving the red camel.
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I like in the crate is the wyrd eyes and I had enough crown gems to get em since it only cost 40 so I'm good.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well in the next season there is no horse either, nor any senche and wolf but instead an Elk, Lynx and a Fox.
    I think ZOS just wants to bring in some varity into the crates which I think is a good thing instead of always going for the same types of mounts as apex rewards in each crate.
    I am sure they will bring back the old bunch of Horse,Guar,Senche,Wolf and Camel at some point but for now they seem to try out different combinations to see what people like and want.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on September 23, 2022 5:15PM
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well in the next season there is no horse either, nor any senche and wolf but instead an Elk, Lynx and a Fox.
    I think ZOS just wants to bring in some varity into the crates which I think is a good thing instead of always going for the same types of mounts as apex rewards in each crate.
    I am sure they will bring back the old bunch of Horse,Guar,Senche,Wolf and Camel at some point but for now they seem to try out different combinations to see what people like and want.

I think most of the disappointment over the missing horse is mainly because there is a model for it, it just wasn't released - not that they didn't make one. It was either cut or it'll be released later as a possibly more expensive crown gem release.

aw_crwn_mounts_wraithtidehorse_1x1-a71a1c961356.jpg

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Wraithtide_Horse
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heroes Of High Isle event is soon. Maybe it'll be a prize in that.
    PC EU
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with them doing something completely new, I'm excited about a lynx and fox mounts. not a big fan of wraith tide crates. My opinion only though.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I get the variety concept, but in the wraithtide crates, they just took a mount away, and didn't replace it with a different animal.
  • Vargr
    Vargr
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping it will be part of a community award like the Summersett one a few years back were participants got the psijic pony, then horse, then the manor. Or like last years Blackwood community event that resulted in free Deadlands? It would feel bad if you got it in the crate and then it was given away for free as an award next month.
  • Vargr
    Vargr
    ✭✭
    Well, looks like it's not a part of the community event in High Isle, unless it's the secret award which would be disappointing since last year the secret award was the Deadlands DLC, i would much prefer Firesong over a horse. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's part of the daily rewards next month maybe?
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it is a free mount for Halloween, I have the Wraithtide Senche (and the Guar!!) and it is very good; they did a great job on these boney things.
    Edited by PDarkBHood on September 26, 2022 6:01PM