The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Resurrect necromancer please

lonnml
lonnml
✭✭✭
Necromancer seems to have only a very limited number of damage skills and even less so in PVP (blastbones, boneyard, sometimes scythe).

in the class toolkit:
No access to major brutality/sorcery
No access to major savagery/prophecy
No access to any speed buffs
No on demand stun
No decent spammable

What gives?
Edited by lonnml on September 22, 2022 2:51PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ironically you cant even control the blastbones summoned by the Resurrection ulti.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Ironically you cant even control the blastbones summoned by the Resurrection ulti.

- All 3 of DK ults are best in the game PVE and PVP
    - Warden has some good ults too (room for improvement with the bear cus it sucks) but it’s still good for ults
    - Sorcerer has good ults for PVE/PVP
    - Nightblade has 2 decent ults for PVP (cast time is annoying but still)
    - Even Templar’s ults are better

Necro colossus is the only useful ult and it’s just for PVE or bombing. Goliath is a skill for noob PVE tanks and troll PVP tanks. The resurrect ult sucks so much and practically has no application except for just noobs, I’m not sure what ZOS was thinking.

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lonnml wrote: »

- Warden has some good ults too (room for improvement with the bear cus it sucks) but it’s still good for ults

Necro colossus is the only useful ult and it’s just for PVE or bombing. Goliath is a skill for noob PVE tanks and troll PVP tanks. The resurrect ult sucks so much and practically has no application except for just noobs, I’m not sure what ZOS was thinking.

Actually, the Rez ult is technically the highest damage burst ult in the game. However, not only is it absurdly inconsistent (since as mentioned, you cannot tell the blastbones who to target), but with the nerf to intensive mender and the extension of the timer on arcanist (along with the damage nerf), it's harder than ever to produce 3 corpses on demand.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on September 23, 2022 2:50PM
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭

Actually, the Rez ult is technically the highest damage burst ult in the game. However, not only is it absurdly inconsistent (since as mentioned, you cannot tell the blastbones who to target), but with the nerf to intensive mender and the extension of the timer on arcanist (along with the damage nerf), it's harder than ever to produce 3 corpses on demand.

I’ve honestly never seen anybody successfully pull off a burst corpse resurrection at least in BGs
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the class abilities necro has are really underwhelming. The spammable is a straight downgrade from most other spammables, since it doesn't have any special effects besides the lackluster damage boost and is so easy to dodge/block in PvP. The arcanist and archer were already barely used, and were then stealth nerfed by 50% (on top of receiving a nerf to corpse creation by extending the duration of the skill). Skills like empowering grasp are a joke - especially now that half of the ability's function was removed in PvP. Grasp should probably give its buffs to your minions either passively while slotted or on cast regardless of if the minions were hit by the ability.

The lack of access to buffs, a reliable stun, a true execute, and class based movement speed is really what hurts the flavor of the class. You can still have tons of success on a necro - the class has pretty solid passives, access to a cheap purge, and Blastbones itself is a phenomenal damage skill. However, unless you're using Graverobber, most of your abilities likely won't even be Necromancer abilities because you have to outsource so many vital buffs to weapon, guild, world, and armor lines.

All I want is to chuck skulls at people and raise the dead, but instead I'm stuck with smacking people with a sword.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on September 23, 2022 3:00PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’ve honestly never seen anybody successfully pull off a burst corpse resurrection at least in BGs

It fell out of favor somewhat with the change to mechanical acuity. In the heyday of Acuity, you could melt entire lobbies with four separate 20k blastbones all at once.
  • LordxSaura
    LordxSaura
    Soul Shriven

All I want is to chuck skulls at people and raise the dead, but instead I'm stuck with smacking people with a sword.

I had a dream where the skull skill worked as an execute, kind of like the templar beam..

But yea, everything post in this discussion pretty much sums it all up.

I do not know how someone can rate necro as an S tier class to play. Its is severely an underwhelming class now compared to wardens, nbs, templars and dks.

In group with people, it can provide some nice things to the group with nice area control etc. However playing solo, its a struggle even though I freaking love playing the class with its all clunkiness, its a super cool class by design.

• binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great if they would give necromancer some love...
    Only class that doesn't get major sorcery from skills and using stalking blastbones is always a frustrating experience in open world... it runs, then stops... then get confused and eventually just follows the wrong target. Can't even use it when you're defending/attacking a keep because it's too high or too low.