The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

First Battleground weekend - and it's Capture the Relic

draigwyrdd
draigwyrdd
✭✭✭
Anyone else disappointed in this? Relic is my least favourite BG game mode, and now it's the only thing available for the next five days. Like, really?
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It's one of my least favorite modes. From my experience it's rare that all 3 teams are equal enough to have any kind of balanced gameplay for this mode. Usually resulting in the weakest team getting dog piled on and tankier teams being left to their own devices.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on September 22, 2022 4:01PM
  • blistb16_ESO
    blistb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I won't login at all for the next few days.
    But it's already the weekend for zos? With like 5 devs working half a week no wonder this game sucks :D
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i hate capture the relic. Only reason I queue for BG's is to test build effectiveness and capture the relic is the antithesis of that, because everyone in capture the relic is on a run build...
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried out capture the relic weekend and my god it's worse than I expected... Every single match has dedicated healers on every team and each healer is camping their relic so you can't even TAKE their relic because their healers DO NOT die. Fantastic gameplay zenimax
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like Relic Mode... Pretty much all objective modes. I was quite positively surprised that it's not a DM weekend, and I had a fun evening.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Capture the relic is horrid. Solo and group queues have been atrociously slow. There's no incentive both combat-wise or reward wise for people to queue. This is literally well-intentioned but poorly designed PvP content ideas yet again.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • SoulwayFilth
    How is locking in one game mode actually good for an "event". Feels more like a punishment.
    Edited by SoulwayFilth on September 24, 2022 4:30AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like capture the relic just fine but agree its a shame to have to play the same thing for 3 days straight.

Not so sure real life is represented by these forums though: I played 4 or 5 in a row last night and every queu popped in 2 minutes or less. Normal wait time for me solo queu Xbox na is like 9 minutes.

It would appear as though people are interested.