Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

'Read x lorebooks' endeavour

ApoAlaia
ApoAlaia
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Where can you find lorebooks to read once you have read all the lorebooks?

Because of the introduction of Mora's Whispers I made a bit of a push and completed the lorebook 'collection' (including the 4 from the Mage's Guild questline) on all my 18 characters.

I presumed that you could still find them 'in the wild' like the notes etc. just not 'glowing' however I visited 3 locations this morning that should contain lorebooks but there was nothing there.

Is there something obvious I am missing here? Never been in this situation before (where I need to re-read a lorebook I have already read).
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 6:54PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe on an alt, or it's an endeavor you're locked out of.

it's a bit excessive to get all the lore books on 18 characters, is it not? surely you can complete another 3 of the daily endeavors if you put that much effort into the game.

edit: you can just go up to 2 bookshelves and complete this endeavor. They just don't want you to read it from eidetic memory.
    Edited by Dr_Con on September 20, 2022 7:55AM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buy them from the Mage guild NPC, put them into your house and read them.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested.
    You don't to read NEW books. Just ANY lorebooks. For instance, place two Pelinal books in your house, read them. That's it.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested.
    You don't to read NEW books. Just ANY lorebooks. For instance, place two Pelinal books in your house, read them. That's it.

You don't even need two books. Reading the same book twice works OK.
    PC EU
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just tested.

That was very helpful, thank you.

I didn't think on that, I went looking for them 'in the wild'

All done now :smiley:
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies beautiful people, much appreciated.

I couldn't see the wood for the trees here. I presumed - wrongly - that you needed to read them 'in the wilderness' turns out that as suggested reading them in the comfort of one's own home does the job just fine.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do my crafting in Vivec City. If you go up the walkways so you're above the Alchemy station, there's a lore book there (one of the Sermons) you can read twice.

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just walk up to one of the bookshelves in the crafting area of Alinor, interact with it twice and done.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The mentioned lorebooks are just any regular books out there, not the ones required to level up the Mages Guild skill line.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mentioned lorebooks are just any regular books out there, not the ones required to level up the Mages Guild skill line.

The books for the Mages Guild skill line will work also, if you haven't read them all already.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read from two of the bookcases in the beetle boss room in Volenfell, since I was doing the dungeon for the event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested.

You don't even need two books. Reading the same book twice works OK.

True. I did it by mistake on a shelf and got credit.
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading Ember and Isobel letters (the furnishings you get from them) also works.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to any Mages Guild and read the books there.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Mages guild, or even the Antiquarian place in Solitude --- there are 2 bookshelves downstairs, and 4 or 5, upstairs..... they count for this endeavor, and I almost ALWAYS get a mage guild lorebook there, as well. So if you are still working that, it helps.

Auldwulfe
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done this plenty. Any places with books or bookshelves will do.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click on any bookshelf twice.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had also completed them. But I ran two alts out to that little house outside Rimmen and each one got credit. Sometimes good to keep a cpl small alts waiting.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read a book in my house.... It seems to be working. I read it two times (same book furniture, activated 2 times ) and it progressed the endeavour.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    Just read anyyyy bookcase...i go to deshaan wayshrine go into the house with the jewlery station and done. I love the lorebook endevour lol
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post