Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why no Tales of Tribute idle animation?

FelisCatus
FelisCatus
✭✭✭✭
Opening your inventory, looking at the map, opening crownstore, opening crown crates, scrying and excavating antiquities, duelling all have animations to let other players know what you're doing. It also adds more immersion. Why is it that ToT lacks this? It's so jarring to see so many AFK people in Gonfalon gaming hall all standing there like they are AFK. Please ZOS can you add an animation for players playing ToT. Maybe like they are shuffling cards similar to the crown crate animation but make it distinct from that.

Also a lesser question/request: why not even add it as a "location" to friends list and guild lists so you can see what other players are doing? When people are in BG or Cyrodiil or IC it shows the location in your various social lists. Perhaps you could have:[Level/Class Icon] [Username] [Location "Tales of Tribute"] like you'd have: [Level/Class Icon] [Username] [Location "Glenumbra"] I never actually know how many people play ToT because you can't actually see. It would be nice to know I guess to sate my curiosity.
  • Yniro
    Yniro
    ✭✭
    Agree with everything, ZOS please.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know on pc, but on console when you play a game of tribute you disappear and return when the game ends. This also causes problems with the queue, for example I had a queued game not start because the other player was swimming so couldnt be teleported to wherever ToT players go
    Soupy twist
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I dont know on pc, but on console when you play a game of tribute you disappear and return when the game ends. This also causes problems with the queue, for example I had a queued game not start because the other player was swimming so couldnt be teleported to wherever ToT players go

It's likely the same then, probably removes you from the instance of the zone you're in. However I find it strange that if it does it doesn't count as a new location in your social list. What I also find strange is that when other players do antiquities they don't disappear you can see them there scrying or excavating so why is ToT different?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

It's likely the same then, probably removes you from the instance of the zone you're in. However I find it strange that if it does it doesn't count as a new location in your social list. What I also find strange is that when other players do antiquities they don't disappear you can see them there scrying or excavating so why is ToT different?

I've been wondering about this.. i do wonder if your character is walking on a virtual treadmill somewhere so they arent seen as inactive and logging out, similar to what happens when people stand at crafting stations for ages levelling alchemy or enchanting then get kicked out to character select
    Edited by fizl101 on October 3, 2022 5:47AM
    Soupy twist
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should totally be a ToT idle animation. I wanna run around and notice other players in a ToT match!!

But, I think that if there is a ToT idle added to the game… during the idle (while playing ToT), players should be invisible to enemies (no aggro) or invulnerable.
    Can’t be finally winning a ToT match against someone (who is playing until the finish instead of conceding {WOW! Miracles can happen!}), and then get knocked out of the game due to an enemy that respawned nearby.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as far as i know all the dig sites that you find in the wilderness has no enemy spawn around, so you can not get into fight. But for Tales of Tribute you can queue in every location in the zones even when there is enemy spawn. So yes i believe this is the main reason that you get out of the instance when you are in game.

What can be done is that some sort of indicator that the player is in a Tales of Tribute game when browsing guild or friend list.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get an update please?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I was part of a tribute card contest we were all in a guildie’s house and when one player invited another to play, they both went into a crouch position for the whole game. There were jokes about looking for a dropped contact lens.

They were crouched around nothing, though. It would have been nice if a little card game board showed up so it was more like the antiquities animation which has all the tools around a mound of dirt so you know what the player is doing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was part of a tribute card contest we were all in a guildie’s house and when one player invited another to play, they both went into a crouch position for the whole game. There were jokes about looking for a dropped contact lens.

They were crouched around nothing, though. It would have been nice if a little card game board showed up so it was more like the antiquities animation which has all the tools around a mound of dirt so you know what the player is doing.

Exactly, doesn't it just de-spawn you from the zone so you don't get pulled out whilst in combat though?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »

Exactly, doesn't it just de-spawn you from the zone so you don't get pulled out whilst in combat though?

In this case it was a casual game where they used the interact option to challenge. I believe the queueing option in the activity finder does remove you from the game instance so you don’t get logged out for inactivity.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA