Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Escape from guard

Mik195
Mik195
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone help me with whatever part of escaping from guards I'm missing. I know how to get a bounty, anger one or more guards, and eventually run away from them without letting them kill me. But with the endeavor, this process only counts as an escape maybe 1 out of 3 times. Is there a trick to getting it to count?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 20, 2022 1:45AM
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to select the "Flee From Guard" option, not just run away.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I'll make sure I'm doing that.
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way is just to steal something right in front of them. They'll stop you, you select the flee option, then run till they stop chasing.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first attempt at the endeavour yesterday I made the mistake of doing something (pickpocketing a guard) which made them jump straight to 'kill on sight' rather than trying to arrest me, so while I got away it didn't count because I didn't get the chance to pick the 'flee' option.

I waited until my bounty went down a bit, then found another guard so they tried to arrest me instead of killing me, then ran from them. That bumped my bounty up again so I waited for it to go down and did it again.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely have to make sure I'm hitting flee. I know I do on the first one, but not sure after that. Thank you all!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    On my first attempt at the endeavour yesterday I made the mistake of doing something (pickpocketing a guard) which made them jump straight to 'kill on sight' rather than trying to arrest me, so while I got away it didn't count because I didn't get the chance to pick the 'flee' option.

I waited until my bounty went down a bit, then found another guard so they tried to arrest me instead of killing me, then ran from them. That bumped my bounty up again so I waited for it to go down and did it again.
    One tricks is to do the second flee on an alt, that way you don't have to wait.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »

One tricks is to do the second flee on an alt, that way you don't have to wait.

Indeed.

On the other hand, I just realized that if you flee successfully and then get your heat reduced so that you're no longer kill-on-sight, it's really easy to trigger the second guard encounter. ;)