Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove Point loss for losing a match

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Matches take too long, are too luck based, matchmaking is terrible, and winning isn't rewarding enough to counter point loses. There is no good reason to make what is supposed to be a fun side game so punishing.
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    There’s no point loss for casual matches. Ranked should have point loss and gain, that’s how any ranked/competitive game with a leaderboard works and should work. That said, I’ve said before that I think there should be a base point gain for a win, but nothing too crazy. The only problem I have with the point system right now is that there should never be a time when a player gets actual +0 for a win.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Granted, win/loss has a lot of luck involved but points need to be lost with a losing match. Otherize the ranking becomes completely meaningless outside of noting who played the most matches.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Matches take too long, are too luck based, matchmaking is terrible, and winning isn't rewarding enough to counter point loses. There is no good reason to make what is supposed to be a fun side game so punishing.

Really? To then have EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT PLAYS TOT in the rankings?

Imagine the rankings with thousands of players. What kind of rankings are that? Meaningless rankings.

That's like all teams qualifying to playoffs anyways.
    That's like all athletes going to the Olympics anyways.
    That's like all players of a gaming competition going to the finals anyways.

No thanks.

Play casual if you don't want to lose points.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 18, 2022 12:03PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine winning 20 games and losing 800 games and you go to max rankings/leaderboards anyways.

Nonsense.

• maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Imagine winning 20 games and losing 800 games and you go to max rankings/leaderboards anyways.

Nonsense.

If only there were win/loss records to base that off of instead of a meaningless point loss that only rewards people with tons of time to play endless games.
    Edited by maximusrex45 on September 19, 2022 4:07AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with the point system right now is that there should never be a time when a player gets actual +0 for a win.

Yet there is. This happened to me multiple times the past few days.

Another problem I have is that there is no explanation on how points are awarded. There was a lot of discussion about this in a similar thread I made on this subject but no official word.

But the OP is right. It often feels punishing.
    PCNA
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    There’s no point loss for casual matches.

There is also no point gain, so I am not sure past trolling what your point is.

The only difference between 0 and -100 is the amount of time you have to spend running on the rodent wheel. Better players will always do better and their ranking will show that.

Every single player that plays ranked ToT past their placement matches is already in the rankings.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s no point loss for casual matches.

There is also no point gain, so I am not sure past trolling what your point is.

The only difference between 0 and -100 is the amount of time you have to spend running on the rodent wheel. Better players will always do better and their ranking will show that.

Every single player that plays ranked ToT past their placement matches is already in the rankings.

By winning more than losing, not by losing more than winning as you request.

Edited by Dragonnord on September 19, 2022 11:56AM