The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Congratulations Zenimax

DYSEQTA
DYSEQTA
✭✭✭
After playing Aldemeri Domion and Ebonheart Pact during beta I decided to play Daggerfall Covenant for launch so I could experience something new.

Not only has this launch been remarkably good, considering MMO launches as a rule suffer major issues, but the DC areas and quests have just been a pleasure to play.

After much fuss was made about AD having the best starting zone I must say that I am pleasantly surprised to find I beg to differ :) The DC starting zone I have found far more enjoyable.

All in all I am very impressed with Zenimax and what they have achieved today. Congratulations and here's hoping this is a sign of what we can expect going forward from them.
For the King!
  • Trevyn
    Trevyn
    I concur.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    DYSEQTA wrote: »
    After playing Aldemeri Domion and Ebonheart Pact during beta I decided to play Daggerfall Covenant for launch so I could experience something new.

Not only has this launch been remarkably good, considering MMO launches as a rule suffer major issues, but the DC areas and quests have just been a pleasure to play...
    In strong agreement! I had such a great time getting in this morning and just exploring and picking up a few quests -- loved being able to go back to the island as well. Smooth gameplay, not one glitch for me - great fps...immersion was interesting and wahhhhh - I want more play time ^-^. Big congratulations on this day to all Zenimax staff!!!
  • Chuzpah
    Chuzpah
    Soul Shriven
    I also agree, I only had one minor issue that caused me to log but that was it after several hours of playing! Well done!
    Edited by Chuzpah on March 30, 2014 10:23PM
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. This is going very smooth!!
  • Greyhaven
    Greyhaven
    ✭✭
    yep great launch as far as stability goes there are a couple of design decisions that are proving to be challenges but those are due to having so many people in one area at a time and should fix themselves.
  • XecMai
    XecMai
    Completely agree. <3
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too find DC the most enjoyable, and not just because i'm an Orc either. :)
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazingly smooth launch. Server opened at 6 am for me, log in was smooth, and the only glitches I've come across are the ritual quest for the queen is bugged and an anchor that is bugged after the crew died halfway through it and it's stuck.
    Meh...**** it..
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad your enjoying Daggerfall.

But agree overall a very smooth release, lets hope it stays that way and I'm sure it will
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No major problems for my husband or me, either. Thank you, ZOSfolk, for a very fun day. :)
  • grimbane
    grimbane
    I think I know the anchor your talking about, I was on a hill next to it and lighting struck the ground and a storm atroarch appeared. But then nothing after I killed it
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Yeah i have to agree i never had an MMO start that was that good, nearly no lags only 1 disc in 8 hours ( and i could reconnect immediately) and till lvl 10 in dc not one bug in quests.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The launch was very smooth for me as well. Char creation zoom bug solved by relogging after creating a random char, a door that wouldn't open solved by relogging and 1 lag spike in 9 hours of gaming - that's pretty damn good in my books!
    Well done Zenimax :sunglasses:
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Ekeiram
    Ekeiram
    I have the same experience.
    I loved The AD starting zone, but wanted to try something new. And DC was een better. What a great time did we have yesterday.
    I had tot log three times over, and My husband got stuck in a bridge ( I thought it was rather funny :) ) but overall very very very smooth.

cant wait for this evening ( it s morning here ) when I finished work, have the kids in bed en can play again.
  • Bladefyr
    Bladefyr
    ✭✭✭
    I too must offer kudos to Zenimax. I was worried after some of the unfixed bugs through three betas, but the launch was great! I was able to get on at 6:45 am EDT and played for over 20 hours with my guild with nary a hiccup. We have some minor annoyance at some of the loot drops, but that is it.

So far I am a satisfied customer! :)
    Bladefyr - Shadowed Legion
  • mountaintree
    I should also say congratulations to the team of developers and writers at ZeniMax, not only for a relatively smooth early launch, but for an incredibly fun and immersive game with an overwhelming amount of potential.

I can remember when The Elder Scrolls Morrowind first came out, I became immersed in the lore and the character potential of the game. I am sure I am not alone in this, but I remember saying to numerous people around that time that it would be incredible to be able to play in that expansive world with friends--other player characters to cooperatively quest with. That hope only grew as the next two Elder Scrolls installments were released. It was that hopeful excitement that brought me to ESO Beta and now that launch is here, I wanted to take the opportunity to say well done!

I will likely take the opportunity to mention all that in other forums, but I wanted to chime my congratulations here too since I had a similar experience to other posters in this thread, after playing several of the beta events. The Daggerfall Covenant starting area, and Daggerfall proper, is a rich, impressive, and awesome game area. While I enjoyed the Ebonheart Pact starting areas a bit more in terms of landscape (and perhaps nostalgia), I found after playing each beginning zone that the Daggerfall Covenant had some of the best early-level content and writing in the game. That's why I chose to launch there yesterday during early release, and I have not been disappointed.

There are obviously bugs that need to be worked out (I have so far been unable to complete two quests in the path from 1-12), and some of the character shifts are a bit severe (such as Captain Kaleen going instantly from my character's best friend to despising him), but overall--and as a start--this game has been immensely impressive and the potential is truly exciting.

@mountaintree‌
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    Could not agree more! I had absolutely amazing experience yesterday. Only day one, and it was absolutely incredible. It played so well, even trying to push the limits, 200+ people on screen in Cyrodil by the end of the night, and still not even a hiccup. Certainly nothing is ever perfect, (I fell through the map once XD) but overall I am extremely impressed with how well early launch went.

I look forward to playing for a long time to come. Thank you so much for all your hard work.
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • breakurface
    XecMai wrote: »
    Completely agree. <3

• ManiacMcLaughton
    Not only do I agree on the "congrats for a great launch", I also want to express my happiness to see a "I'm not complaining" thread.
  • Seer
    Seer
    ✭✭
    stuck in 1 progression blocking bug for 4 hours. Congrats!
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Seer wrote: »
    stuck in 1 progression blocking bug for 4 hours. Congrats!

It is Impossible to be entirely blocked from progressing. Simply leave the area and find a quest elsewhere. Go back to that one later to check if it's working, or after a server restart/patch. There is no reason to stand in the same area waiting for a quest to work for 4 hours.

Definitely one of the smoothest launches I've been a part of, especially connection/performance wise. There's always going to be some quest bugs at the start, but I'm quite happy with the performance of the game and servers overall, So definitely congrats on what I would consider to be quite the successful launch.

• Fetch
    Fetch
    I too played AD in the Beta. I planned to play DC at launch and wanted a fresh experience.

I really enjoyed AD though and was having second thoughts about DC. Now I am glad I stuck with DC. Very enjoyable and outside of a few visual glitches has been very smooth.

Good job guys.
  • RedRum69
    RedRum69
    ✭✭
    Great experience from the first minute :D Thanks Zenimax for this prestigious moment <3
    @DYSEQTA : I totally agree

For The COVENANT!!!
  • ItISLupus
    ItISLupus
    I agree. Rather smooth, however this is pre launch. Wait til next weekend when we get the rest of the horde
    Edited by ItISLupus on April 1, 2014 12:48AM
  • Cliffracer
    Cliffracer
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS, really good work B)<3
    Come to th Imperials, join the cool side of Life.
  • dabbourism
    dabbourism
    ✭✭
    MORE DESERT ZOS , GIVE ME MORE DESERT
    FOR RABIA .. FOR HONOR
  • Zessan
    Zessan
    Soul Shriven
    I can only second this as well.
    Some small bugs but nothing serious.
    The game is so smooth, and incredibly beautiful and awesome.
    Keep up the good work :)
  • Backrub
    Backrub
    Completely agree, incredibly smooth launch!

During all of the betas I've been in I have played as a High Elf in AD. Even though I very much like both the race and the faction, I decided to try something new at launch. Now I'm an Imperial in DC. Still not sure if I'll stick with them, though. I'm having a very difficult time deciding which race and faction. They're all great!

I've also created a character on EP side to check out some starting zones, and it's such a wonderful thing to see. The fact that all three factions have such unique atmospheres. Sometimes it's even hard to believe you're still in the same game.

This sure is the MMO I have always been waiting for, and I'm a major fan of the subscription model. I hope they never go F2P.
  • Backrub
    Backrub
    ItISLupus wrote: »
    I agree. Rather smooth, however this is pre launch. Wait til next weekend when we get the rest of the horde

I've been thinking about this, too. Do you really think there will be THAT many extra players at launch day 04/04? Won't most have preordered it and have at least 3 days early access while the rest wait a few days/weeks for reviews etc.?

Ofc, I could be totally wrong. I just suppose only a minority of people would decide to buy the game at launch.
    Edited by Backrub on April 1, 2014 10:48AM
  • Disinterests
    Being a first time player, I went and just explored all the way up to the lvl 40+ areas. No game is this beautiful.