The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill reset

Wirharl
Wirharl
Wasn't sure where to start this topic.

I am wondering. When you reset skills this means that all progress in skill lines is going to be wiped, right? So, for instance, let's assume that there is a sorcerer with Storm Caling lvl 20+. He decides that his morph of Lightning Splash is not satisfying and decides to change the spell's morph. So he has to reset the skills. Now he's gonna level the Storm Calling line again from zero, right? Not being able to learn Lightning Splash until his Storm Calling line is 20 again? Seems like it would take a considerble amount of time just to catch up with your former self.

I'm not there yet, but this question troubles me since I have already regretted my morphs for some spells.
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't respeced in this game yet, but I assume that you would simply have all your skill points pulled out of the abilities you have chosen. You would then reassign those skill points to whatever active, passive and morph abilities you wish.

I do not believe you would lose any earned *levels* in your skill lines, which appears to be what you are asking.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Wirharl wrote: »
    I'm not there yet, but this question troubles me since I have already regretted my morphs for some spells.

Don't worry, you keep your progress :) In your example you would have the Storm Calling at lvl 20+ during and after the rest. I tried all that in Beta and all the progress was kept. When you were resetting all the trait points, you were also keeping the progress in every skill (so can choose a different morph), or even were able to skip a skill completely.

I really liked that option of skipping: sometimes you take the low level skills simply because there are no other options available to you. Later you can retrait and skip these first skills saving the valuable skill points and spending those on the 3rd and later skills in the tree. Or just take the Ultimate skill if you like and nothing else from this line.
    Edited by Beryl on March 31, 2014 1:13AM
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    Probably a stupid question but where and how do you reset your skills?
  • Stiler
    Stiler
    ✭✭
    I would also like to know this, I took a morph that I regret taking but I'm just wondering when it's viable to respect/how much it cost.
  • Wirharl
    Wirharl
    Beryl wrote: »
    I tried all that in Beta and all the progress was kept.
    That's a relief.
    yoshimagit wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but where and how do you reset your skills?
    Here you'll find your answers, I guess
    http://tamrieljournal.com/skill-points-in-eso/

• Lux
    Lux
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/reset-skills-eso/
    Use this. It cost alot to reset so think carefuly before you reset.