The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag dk vs Stam dk u35

gamma71
gamma71
✭✭✭✭
I feel my mag dk is lackluster with the dot changes and whip nerf. Thinking of going back to Stam any opions on this?
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a stam dk main so I very well could be the problem. But I geared out my stam dk and am very tanky with great healing, but the damage is underwhelming. Again, I could just suck at dk, but I've noticed that other stam dks are not doing a ton of damage either.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a long time now, my stam DK seems inferior to my Mag DK. Probably because only 2 DK skills are stamina. Whip, Coag and most of the other key DK skills are magicka. I have rarely played my stam DK (my first PvP player and my only Grand overlord) in the last year.
    So you can run the Stam DK but just adjust it so it has more magicka and Mag regen than stamina ;)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    For a long time now, my stam DK seems inferior to my Mag DK. Probably because only 2 DK skills are stamina. Whip, Coag and most of the other key DK skills are magicka. I have rarely played my stam DK (my first PvP player and my only Grand overlord) in the last year.
    So you can run the Stam DK but just adjust it so it has more magicka and Mag regen than stamina ;)

So adjust it so it has more mag and mag Regen than Stam 😆 I see what you did there.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I rehabbed my StamDK recently who had been just cooking for a while with an Oakensoul build and he does OK in everything :)

Oakensoul + 4 pieces of Eternal Vigor (could be whatever - flex set) + 5 pieces of Rushing Agony + 2 pieces of Domihaus.

Skills are:
    • Molten Whip
    • Noxious Breath
    • Stampede
    • Burning Talons
    • Coagulating blood

With the Standard of Might Ultimate.

Great trash killer, just OK on bosses, tanky self-healer and no resource issues thanks to the 3/2 stam'magicka skill mix.

Works for me. YMMV.
    Edited by Iselin on September 17, 2022 5:53PM
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Well, I rehabbed my StamDK recently who had been just cooking for a while with an Oakensoul build and he does OK in everything :)

Oakensoul + 4 pieces of Eternal Vigor (could be whatever - flex set) + 5 pieces of Rushing Agony + 2 pieces of Domihaus.

Skills are:
    • Molten Whip
    • Noxious Breath
    • Stampede
    • Burning Talons
    • Coagulating blood

Great trash killer, just OK on bosses, tanky self-healer and no resource issues thanks to the 3/2 stam'magicka skill mix.

Works for me. YMMV.

How's it in pvp that's mainly my focus.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »

Skills are:
    • Molten Whip
    • Noxious Breath
    • Stampede
    • Burning Talons
    • Coagulating blood

Works for me. YMMV.

How's it in pvp that's mainly my focus.

Haven't tried it in pvp. I used to do pvp a lot--like almost exclusively--years ago but haven't for a long while except for an event here and here. I'm just a filthy casual pver now :)
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Master Flurry weapon, spin-to-win, and Plague Breaker is working well in PVP aoe fights, but any class can run that set-up. Mainly having a status effect on your target helps proc Occult Overload.

Save your Whip for burst with Ulty. I mean this is pretty standard faire I thought.

__._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__