The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lag in Cyrodiil, even with UI updates

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi I'm new to this area of the forums, though I have been a PvP player for a few years.

One thing that has always bugged me, in addition to the usual lag in Cyrodiil with skills and bar-swapping, is the lag for the map elements to update. I captured some video to show how long it takes for a particular keep to unflag after being attacked. I enter the keep after the battle is over and the walls/doors have already been repaired. It takes nearly 4 minutes for the keep to unflag in this particular case. I am unable to travel to another keep in the meantime and just have to stand there and wait for 4 minutes doing nothing.

I'm posting this video so hopefully it can provide some more insight into the problems with Cyrodiil and maybe lead to an eventual bug fix.

Could the UI itself be causing some of the lag? I often wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsQx4QBn3YA&list=PLGGjwEyVKCjpNeVP6-MCuwzs0s7bzrkc9&index=81
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS NA player myself and last night was atrocious. Lag was so bad it was causing players to freeze in place, glitch all over the field, I disconnected 3 times in a row. It's just ridiculous anymore
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now you have me wondering how long it takes to ride from rayles to glade...

i'm timing myself next time :)

you were moving pretty fast on your mount, and the landscape appeared to be rendering itself just fine...

the issue is certainly not on your end...

my guess is it's a combination of "bad" code, poor host equipment, and limited current resources (staff and time) dedicated to cyrodiil...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 24, 2022 6:40AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    now you have me wondering how long it takes to ride from rayles to glade...

i'm timing myself next time :)

you were moving pretty fast on your mount, and the landscape appeared to be rendering itself just fine...

the issue is certainly not on your end...

my guess is it's a combination of "bad" code, poor host equipment, and limited current resources (staff and time) dedicated to cyrodiil...

Yeah I think I have riding speed maxed out, I have that CP in the green tree for no stamina drain and the next star for a 10% speed boost I think, plus fully upgraded mount. I am on PS5 NA GH campaign, sorry I did not specify.

This is not just an isolated occurrence. I frequently stand at the transitus shrine for 2-3 minutes after the battle is over to get the flag to clear so I can travel to another keep. It didn’t used to take that long even on PS4.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    took 65 seconds from gate to gate...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place