Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Does the weakest piece of jewelry restrict the 5 piece set bonus?

stewg73
stewg73
✭✭
Not sure the best way to summarise in the title! What I mean is when you are using necklace and 2 rings with say two body pieces to obtain the full 5 pieces set bonus, it it easy and relatively cheap to improve the two body pieces to purple. It is eye-wateringly expensive to take the 3 jewels even to blue, let alone to purple, so I usually stop at green. So you have higher numbers listed in the bonuses on the body pieces at purple, than you do on the jewels at green for the same set bonuses.

So. What stats do you actually get? Is it taken off the highest level pieces in the set or the lowest, or is there some sort of weighted average?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 18, 2022 5:12PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's average of all pieces, so every piece with lower tier will decrease a bit power of whole set.
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on September 16, 2022 9:02AM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    In other words, if you like it then you better put a bling on it.
  • stewg73
    stewg73
    ✭✭
    hehe. Thanks!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's usually a good idea to use sets with a fixed 5th piece bonus for your jewellery, especially if you can't or don't want to upgrade them to purple or gold.

As an example of such a set take Armor of the Seducer its 5th piece is 10% lower magic cost for abilities whether the set is white or gold the 5th piece bonus remains the same.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at the overall difference between Blue, Purple and Gold Jewelry. It is quite small. Almost negligible.

Take a look at the difference between not having the 3,4 or 5 Piece Bonus or having them. It is quite huge.

The difference between Blue or Purple or Gold Jewelry is Psychological. In other words, Blue Jewelry is not why your failing. It is more than likley your rotation.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even thought 5th piece may not have its effect changed that much the value from your trait drops off horribly at lower rarities. That alone is a good enough reason to not stay at green. Push for blue if you can.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First priority is the complete set (for the five piece ones). Then the upgrades. That is why you usually find players dropping a monster set piece to make way for a mythic, rather than lose a piece of the fives. The five pieces bonuses are the ones that matter.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold jewelry is kind of a flex. Mostly used by vet dungeon raider and other optimized groups for that extra little kick. If you aren't one of those I wouldn't worry about it.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on September 16, 2022 8:32PM
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whether to gold or not depends on the bonuses involved - depending on circumstances, it can add up.

if you're dying to know impact, play with a build copy on PTS and see what you get out of the change to gold
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Take a look at the overall difference between Blue, Purple and Gold Jewelry. It is quite small. Almost negligible.

Take a look at the difference between not having the 3,4 or 5 Piece Bonus or having them. It is quite huge.

The difference between Blue or Purple or Gold Jewelry is Psychological. In other words, Blue Jewelry is not why your failing. It is more than likley your rotation.

Pretty much this. Upgrading to purple is more than sufficient and much easier than gold.

Also, do jewelry writs and max level for jewelry crafting every day on every character. That does not take much time and makes it notably easier and less expensive to obtain the high-level jewelry upgrade matts.

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post