Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Advice welcome

Flashhie
Flashhie
✭✭
Hi guys,

After being a way for quit some time its time to return.
It would be nice to hear from you what advices you can give this returning player to make the most out of this character.

Let me tell you more about my character that i build using AlcastHQ;

Solo Magica Templar for now but nice to be able to switch to be a team player when time is here.

Champion 439 (300 allocated atm)

RACE: High Elf
CLASS : Templar

ATTRIBUTES:
MAGICKA: 64
HEALTH: 0
STAMINA: 0

ABILITY BAR 1
BLAZING SPEAR IV
CONSUMING TRAP IV
PUNCTURING SWEEP IV
HARNESS MAGICKA IV
INNER LIGHT IV
THUNDEROUS RAGE IV

Using LIGHTNING STAFF OF A MOTHER'S SORROW (purple)

ABILITY BAR 2
UNSTABLE WALL OF STORMS IV
NECROTIC ORB I
ELEMENTAL DRAIN IV
SOLAR BARRAGE IV
CHANNELED FOCUS III
CRESCENT SWEEP IV

Using ARGONIAN MUCK MINDER OF MOTHER'S SORROW (purple)

HEAD: ICEHEART'S VISAGE (purple)
CHEST: JERKIN OF JULIANOS (purple)
SHOULDERS: ICEHEART'S EPAULETS (purple)
WAIST: SASH OF JULIANOS (purple)
HANDS: GLOVES OF JULIANOS (purple)
LEGS: BREECHES OF JULIANOS (purple)
FEET: SHOES OF JULIANOS (purple)

NECK: NECKLACE OF A MOTHER'S SORROW (blue)
RING1: RING OF A MOTHER'S SORROW (purple)
RING2: RING OF A MOTHER'S SORROW (blue)

Hope to hear and learn from you guys!!

Flashhie
Edited by Flashhie on September 15, 2022 7:10PM
PS4 (EU)
PSN: Flashhie

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the first suggestion i would have to give is you should prioritize upgrading your weapon quality over the other stuff, as that significantly influences your dmg

also at a minimum i would get rid of your fortified brass shoulders and actually complete the iceheart monster set

outside of that your set selection should be mostly fine and is still somewhat useable

you may also want to play around with your rotation some, due to all the combat changes that have happened you may need to rearrange or change some of the skills
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Flashhie
    Flashhie
    ✭✭
    the first suggestion i would have to give is you should prioritize upgrading your weapon quality over the other stuff, as that significantly influences your dmg

also at a minimum i would get rid of your fortified brass shoulders and actually complete the iceheart monster set

outside of that your set selection should be mostly fine and is still somewhat useable

you may also want to play around with your rotation some, due to all the combat changes that have happened you may need to rearrange or change some of the skills

Thank you for answering!
    What would you sugest for wepaons? Still doing the mother's Sorrow but then better ones or...?
    PS4 (EU)

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in your post you say they are green quality, you can get a pretty huge dmg bump just making those purple (although weapons are something i would recommend pushing up to gold quality)

overall the gear sets are good for starter gear until you get back into the swing of things, but there are better options to replace julianos with if you wanted to upgrade your gear

there are also more ideal monster sets, but iceheart is still helpful for survivability if you want some of that, but only having the 1 piece of it wont be really helping you in that regard since your not getting the proc
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Flashhie
    Flashhie
    ✭✭
    in your post you say they are green quality, you can get a pretty huge dmg bump just making those purple (although weapons are something i would recommend pushing up to gold quality)

overall the gear sets are good for starter gear until you get back into the swing of things, but there are better options to replace julianos with if you wanted to upgrade your gear

there are also more ideal monster sets, but iceheart is still helpful for survivability if you want some of that, but only having the 1 piece of it wont be really helping you in that regard since your not getting the proc

Ok that is helpfull.
    Upgrading the weapons wont be that hard at this stage, so will start with that and get the second piece of the iceheart.

Any recommendations you can make on replacing the Julianos?
    PS4 (EU)

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flashhie wrote: »

Ok that is helpfull.
    Upgrading the weapons wont be that hard at this stage, so will start with that and get the second piece of the iceheart.

since mothers sorrow is already a crit focused set, if you wanted an easier to obtain/crafted option i would use orders wrath (which gives +8% crit dmg and crit healing), and the other bonuses are pretty nice

this bonus stacks with major and minor force for buffs to make it easier to reach that +125% crit dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Flashhie
    Flashhie
    ✭✭
    Flashhie wrote: »

Ok that is helpfull.

since mothers sorrow is already a crit focused set, if you wanted an easier to obtain/crafted option i would use orders wrath (which gives +8% crit dmg and crit healing), and the other bonuses are pretty nice

this bonus stacks with major and minor force for buffs to make it easier to reach that +125% crit dmg

Ok, thnx so far!
    Updated my weapons to purple ones for now. Next stop getting that second piece of the iceheart set
    PS4 (EU)

• Flashhie
    Flashhie
    ✭✭
    So that went well, shoulders check!
    PS4 (EU)