The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Content Request

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, they did give us the hammer, and that was fun.

They also gave us more keeps to fight over.

If anything I would ask that siege get a lot stronger than it is, as most people ignore it. It would make PVP more interesting if everyone stopped standing in the red.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dreamed a randomly generated roguelike dungeon where players can progress solo or as small groups.

Where there is a mechanic that is pretty much dark souls invasions but called something else.

There would be a daily (or weekly for economic reasons) payout of gold mats and transmute shards for completing, and a leader board for both invaders and completers.

Invading could be a means of skipping floors, trading the challenge of PVE for the challenge of PVP.

This mode could be implemented as the Arena of a chapter, maybe a chapter based around Battlespire, which was up and running in the days of ESO

Anyone else every dream this thing?
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have dreamed a randomly generated roguelike dungeon where players can progress solo or as small groups.

Where there is a mechanic that is pretty much dark souls invasions but called something else.

There would be a daily (or weekly for economic reasons) payout of gold mats and transmute shards for completing, and a leader board for both invaders and completers.

Invading could be a means of skipping floors, trading the challenge of PVE for the challenge of PVP.

This mode could be implemented as the Arena of a chapter, maybe a chapter based around Battlespire, which was up and running in the days of ESO

Anyone else every dream this thing?

I thought about something similar, like a timed battleground instance that opens at specific times. Basically inspired by Aion's Dredgion: https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Dredgion

It could be a Daedric skirmish that the factions have to deal with (protect Tamriel) but also seize something powerful (to justify their interest). Maybe in Bravil, maybe we jump into a pocket oblivion realm, idk. This timed bg was very fun in that game, maybe their idea can spark some new ;)
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

If anything I would ask that siege get a lot stronger than it is, as most people ignore it. It would make PVP more interesting if everyone stopped standing in the red.

The hammer was an awful introduction. Unbalanced in the sense that it can spawn behind gates, and be in the hands of the dominant faction. Performance wise it had a massive negative impact - even on PC NA, every time the hammer spawns during prime time there is noticeable skill delay across the server.

They should not buff siege. Most siege weapons are extremely strong currently - the only people that shrug them off are ball groups. This isn't an issue with siege, it's an issue with ball groups.

The additional outposts are nice, sure. But they don't really qualify as "content". It's just more of the exact same thing. I'm also fairly certain that destructible mile gates and bridges accompanied these new outposts - which was an awful change that nobody asked for.
    Edited by React on September 17, 2022 3:32AM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons they get away with not adding noticeable content is because the standards of content seem to be extremely low. I started playing this game in 2019 and I don't think in the entire time I've played I've seen any amount of decent content added to PvP in that entire time.

New sets are not content, more keeps is not content, increased xp/ap is not content; they have not added any tangible decent content since I've started, that's pretty embarrassing.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just keep it simple, introduce ranked arenas or something. 3v3, 2v2, whatever. Or even 1v1 ranked dueling. I've spoken against the idea in the past but only because it had been proposed as a replacement for battlegrounds. I enjoy the triple alliance thing and other than separating the DM que from the OBJ que think that bgs are fine as they are.

I'd think it wouldn't be that hard. Use existing BG maps, made smaller perhaps, or even some housing courtyards as a setting. I hope I can speak for most of us hardcore pvpers in saying we don't care so much about the pretty surroundings as we care about the fight.

I'm not against tales of tribute... In fact I think its pretty cool as a standalone feature. When juxtaposed with the largely unorganized and neglected BG scene though it did feel like a bit of a slap in the face to pvpers. An accidental slap, but still.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »

The hammer was an awful introduction. Unbalanced in the sense that it can spawn behind gates, and be in the hands of the dominant faction. Performance wise it had a massive negative impact - even on PC NA, every time the hammer spawns during prime time there is noticeable skill delay across the server.

They should not buff siege. Most siege weapons are extremely strong currently - the only people that shrug them off are ball groups. This isn't an issue with siege, it's an issue with ball groups.

The additional outposts are nice, sure. But they don't really qualify as "content". It's just more of the exact same thing. I'm also fairly certain that destructible mile gates and bridges accompanied these new outposts - which was an awful change that nobody asked for.

You have to admit that the hammer fights are fun, it’s server performance that’s the problem. Skill delay isn’t the biggest issue, I still get kicked out of the game. It has gotten much better since the server upgrades, so I’d rather have it than not.

I still see tanks sitting AFK in siege or oils. Maybe Mara’s Balm is the problem this patch, but you shouldn’t be able to do that.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons they get away with not adding noticeable content is because the standards of content seem to be extremely low. I started playing this game in 2019 and I don't think in the entire time I've played I've seen any amount of decent content added to PvP in that entire time.

New sets are not content, more keeps is not content, increased xp/ap is not content; they have not added any tangible decent content since I've started, that's pretty embarrassing.

I started playing around the same time(2019) , and I'm of the same opinion. Sort of, New sets, if you consider Mythics a set then yeah, those items have big effects on gameplay. But no substantial genuine content for pvp since I started playing.

I think Battlegrounds were added with the Morrowind update 2017, and Volendrung for Cyrodil came with Elsweyr (2019) I believe. Nothing great since then.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also like 12v12 battle grounds set in existing or future created towns would be neat
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile