Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Maormer Skin?

zombniac
zombniac
✭✭✭
The subject asks most of it. I try to make my character look like a Maormer, so a black hair option for Altmer would be cool. Altmer also definitely have black hair but it's not an option in the creator. And the Maormer Fish Skin does not make your character look like a Maormer. I use Artic Rime Skin for that but it's not as cool as it could be. What do ya'll think?
Edited by zombniac on September 27, 2022 3:54PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I wish Maormer was a playable race in and of itself, but I'd definitely settle for a skin, especially if it gave me ears like the Maormer seen in Summerset. Not a polymorph though, as I want to create the face and body of my Maormer myself. I've wanted this for years.

I have Maormer fish skin, and was disappointed it replaced vampires look. I could have gotten closer to a maormer with vamp + fish skin + blind eyes, but no dice.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on September 12, 2022 12:47AM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I wish Maormer was a playable race in and of itself, but I'd definitely settle for a skin, especially if it gave me ears like the Maormer seen in Summerset. Not a polymorph though, as I want to create the face and body of my Maormer myself. I've wanted this for years.

I have Maormer fish skin, and was disappointed it replaced vampires look. I could have gotten closer to a maormer with vamp + fish skin + blind eyes, but no dice.

Yes, yes and yes. Yes. For some unfortunate reason when I make a post about playable Maormer, it's mostly "that would ruin my immersion", "they wouldn't fit into the alliance" or some other garbage I don't agree with. Even though there's a lot of lore and other things that disprove those comments. But yes, Maormer race would be AWESOME. And if a Maormer polymorph ever gets released, I really hope it's a fully customizable one, and not one with only one set appearance. They're 1000% my favorite Elder Scrolls race and deserve their own spot.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zombniac wrote: »

Yes, yes and yes. Yes. For some unfortunate reason when I make a post about playable Maormer, it's mostly "that would ruin my immersion", "they wouldn't fit into the alliance" or some other garbage I don't agree with. Even though there's a lot of lore and other things that disprove those comments. But yes, Maormer race would be AWESOME. And if a Maormer polymorph ever gets released, I really hope it's a fully customizable one, and not one with only one set appearance. They're 1000% my favorite Elder Scrolls race and deserve their own spot.

Absolutely agreed! I get replies like this to my posts about it as well. And to be honest, since a person can put on a goblin polymorph and do their alliance quests role-playing as a goblin or any number of things, I don't see why we shouldn't have at the very least, a Maormer skin complete with the fishy looking hands and ears. It would be so much fun to finally create the Maormer character I've had bouncing around in my head for the last 4 years!

ETA: Also, I think the devs could definitely come up with a cool story or complete expansion revolving around why certain maormer can be seen in the alliance. We see friendly maormer in the dragonguard temple in South elsweyr and other places!
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on September 12, 2022 1:06AM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Maormer would make sense as a Pact or Covenant member. Still lets them fight the Altmer. Enemy of my enemy and all that.
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    A Maormer would make sense as a Pact or Covenant member. Still lets them fight the Altmer. Enemy of my enemy and all that.

Lore-wise, it works for the AD too. The Vestige is only one person. And there's multiple friendly Maormer, even two that have joined the Dragonguard.

The second Aldmeri Dominion also make allies with the Maormer of Pyandonea.

"Their sorcery has made allies of a few Reachmen, the Maormer of Pyandonea, and, as of this writing, perhaps even the Elsweyr Confederacy." - Lore:Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition/Aldmeri Dominion