Game scuffed after update

YouLostToAGirl
Launched the game tonight, the launcher did its thing installing the update. I press play and immediately a crash report pops up. Happened 3 times, I closed the launcher and Steam and when I went to relaunch, ESO acted as if it was reinstalling the game? Let it do its thing and tried to play and got another immediate crash report window

First time I've had an issue like this, kinda confused because all I did was let the launcher update via Steam
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 10, 2022 11:06PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @YouLostToAGirl

If you have not done so, please try going through the crash troubleshooting found below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • YouLostToAGirl
    Removed my addons, Repaired the client, Nvidia drivers are up to date, and Windows is up to date. Unfortunately the game is still crashing immediately after pressing play when launching via Steam. I also tried the "Verify integrity of game files" option via Steam to no avail

My PC is also far above the min requirements (RTX 3080, Ryzen 3900X, 32GB Ram, etc)
    Edited by YouLostToAGirl on September 23, 2022 8:44PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @YouLostToAGirl

Thank you for the update.

There could be an issue with your settings leading to these crashes.

Try deleting these two settings files to ensure ESO is at it's default settings. To do so, follow the instructions below:
    1. Open up the Documents folder on your computer.
    2. Open the Elder Scrolls Online folder, then open the Live folder.
    3. Find the ShaderCache and UserSettings files.
    4. Create copies of each file, then delete the originals.
    5. Close everything and start ESO again.

NOTE: This will reset all in-game settings to their defaults. Please take a moment when you next log in to review the settings for the game.
    Staff Post
  • YouLostToAGirl
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I gave this a try and it worked like a charm! Thank you very much for the help :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update and letting us know the usersetting troubleshooting has helped resolve the issue. At this point we will now close the thread from further discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.