Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How much does 28/12 meters cover? Healer needs to know.

MidniteOwl1913
MidniteOwl1913
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yeah I know 28m and 12m... But what I want to understand is for a given dungeon room how much of the room is covered by each of these? The ground-based heals that cover an area of 28 or 12 meters, I have no idea how big they are in game. I have trouble with distance IRL, so this isn't really a surprise for me.

So just, for instance, the blessed crucible first arena (I just went thru this one and have an idea of it in my mind) how much of it would a 28-meter heal cast mostly in the center cover?
That arena is a pretty small space so I would think most of it is covered?

PS5/NA
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    28m is the maximum range of most ranged attacks, so yes it will fill most rooms. 12m is only a little more than double the range of most melee attacks, so it's a lot smaller. That said, a 12m (radius) circle (like extended ritual) is still huge compared to most ground-based effects in ESO.

A good way to get a sense of this is to experiment with abilities that place visual effects on the ground. Some useful examples include:
    1) Ring of Preservation with a 5m radius
    2) Healing Springs with an 8m radius
    3) Extended Ritual with a 12m radius (which I think is the only ability with a radius larger than 8m)