Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I so need an essential housing tool for console!!!!

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭✭
I love designing decorating and building houses. I know ESO probably wasn't initially meant for that, but no matter what game I'm playing, I need style! lol
I am an Xbox X user, and for me, building is difficult. I have to get things lined up correctly, or it will bother me to no end. However, it's really difficult to do on a console. We need like a snap to grid tool or something to allow for easier maneuvering and lining up. And an aerial view to make floor plans for large houses. I'm so *** on these things. It's frustrating when I have an image of what I want, but it's just impossible to build. Any recommendations for building on console, please let me know!
Xbox X- NA
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We don't have either of those things on PC, either, and I know of no addon that successfully pulls off snap-to (never seen an overhead one). Generally people use graph paper or just a sketch pad to do the overhead. As for making things easier to line up, I urge you to explore precision edit tool in game.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't have either of those things on PC, either, and I know of no addon that successfully pulls off snap-to (never seen an overhead one). Generally people use graph paper or just a sketch pad to do the overhead. As for making things easier to line up, I urge you to explore precision edit tool in game.

What do you mean you don't have essential housing tool for pc? It's recommended on just about every housing video I watch.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html

Xbox X- NA
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

What do you mean you don't have essential housing tool for pc? It's recommended on just about every housing video I watch.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html

You misunderstood me and I may not have been clear.

I have Essential housing tools. What I am telling you is that EHT doesn't do the overhead thing you are speaking about, and the snap-to is basically Precision edit, which you have on console. (written by the same guy, I might add)
    Edited by StabbityDoom on September 10, 2022 10:37PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, I wondered if that's what you meant, as I looked at it later. Ok, I get that. In my rush to type my post, I should have also went on to say that I wish we had such a thing, as well as something like EHT for console. I get ya.
    I'm looking at a blueprint how I want my house, but I guess it's just frustrating trying to get certain things exact. I would have liked a spiral staircase, and that aint happening. I'm whining as usual and broadcasting it. I'll look at precision tools tomorrow.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS5 and every time I hear EHT I wish we had it on console but I guess we will never get addons on console however nice they would be, I would still like the mini map they actually have written in to the game even on consoles but still won't open it up and let us use it.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »
    I'm on PS5 and every time I hear EHT I wish we had it on console but I guess we will never get addons on console however nice they would be, I would still like the mini map they actually have written in to the game even on consoles but still won't open it up and let us use it.

Agreed Smoky! Definitely need a mini map. And, treasure finder, combat cues/alerts, lore books, harvest map........so many.
    Xbox X- NA