Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is one KeyBind that you have that Others probably don't ?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Me :
I have keybind for Chat Tab 8, which is Empty and makes my UI very pretty
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 12, 2022 1:56AM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    I use 8 to change weapons.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it counts but I split bash so I can bash using right click without also having to block, which is a mouse side button.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use å for pet dismiss addon and ä to access mail. Also § for weapon swap.
    Edited by rpa on September 10, 2022 5:06AM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Numpad * for slot soul splitting trap / return previous ability toggle. To fill soul gems quickly.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have customised most of my keybinds as i'm playing games for too long to constantly learn new combinations:
    Skills are on Q, E, R, left and right MB
    Light Attack on 4
    Dodge Roll on 5
    Break Free on N

I do use a gaming mouse with 12 thumb keys and most actions are on it. My left hand is only used for moving with WASD, Ultimate on 1, Potion on 3 and Weapon Swap on TAB.

For screenshots i have Hide UI on ' and Pollox Quest tracker addon on ^ to check if i have done all professions and stuff.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    too many to list. 12 addition buttons on mouse (razer naga) and movement toggle + 20 buttons and a scroll wheel on my game pad for the other hand
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Space for interact. E for jump.
    In every game I play. I never got around using E for basic interactions, always the space bar. (It's also quite a lot easier to hit.)

C for continuous walk, V for character sheet, B for first-person toggle.
    Because I wanted continuous walking be as close to WASD as possible, so moved everything else one key to the right.
    Edited by Varana on September 10, 2022 10:56AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am of an age where you only got taught to use a keyboard if you planned to be a secretary!

I have never been able to use WASD so I use the arrow keys, I try periodically but I just cannot. 😯
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm left-handed and I've changed almost all the keybindings, so I'm mainly using the number pad and arrow keys in combat. I also have a mouse with 5 extra buttons so I have stuff bound to those as well.

I'm not sure which would be considered the most unusual, possibly Alt on Page Up, or F on number lock.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a mouse with 2 thumb buttons because my thumb gets lost/confused and my thumb joint hurts if I try a mouse with more. So I use kb for most skills and movement. Therefore, I use the space bar and 'b' for moving foreward and backwards. By using my left thumb for moving fore and aft, it is only my left and right movement that can conflict with using skills. Works for me so I can generally move and fire skills at the same time.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on my Razer Tartarus keypad I have a key (20) under my thumb which runs a macro that hides the UI, creates a 3D screenshot and turns the UI back on.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my NB's I have Cloak mapped to Mouse left click and Jump to right click. Bash/interrupt is still mapped to those two buttons. So, trying to interrupt can have some amusing results.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on September 10, 2022 12:33PM
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toggle UI on/off (not bound to any key by default) - for those moments when you want to take a nice screenshot. In fact you can even open inventory and then turn UI off, so you will get a nice blurred background with a focus on your character.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 10, 2022 12:36PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roller on the mouse to Roll-Dodge, a simple roll back gets me out melee range, very convenient and logical to boot ;)
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my laptop's Caps Lock is dead, I am using < to switch between walking and running.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Log out
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IJKL for movement
    N for crouching
    B for tap target
    Y for ultimate
    O for synergy
    P for wheel thingy
    Æ for sprint
    Å for walk
    E for use
    H for accept invite thingie

(I am left handed)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most convenient extra button on my mouse is used for bar swap. Others are used for "x" and to crouch.

I still have my non-ultimate skills on 1-2-3-4-5, but 6 is also bound to the 5th skill, to reduce mishits.

My main add-on keybinds are for:
    • Combat Metrics.
    • Alphagear (too lazy so far to switch to Dressing Room).
    • Inventory Insight.
    • What Pledges Are My Alts (which gives a lot of information beyond that in the title).
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my numpad keys set to different Addon settings etc
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 for weapon swap, alt for bash, middle mouse button for interact (same thing e does).
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tab is my ultimate.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a gamepad on PC and have bound [hold d-pad right button] to bind all uncollected set items (function from an addon). It makes it easier to bind things without needing to open the inventory.

I think this was the only button binding not in use for the gamepad.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on September 11, 2022 9:20AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Space for interact. E for jump..

Me too. That's how it was in Morrowind, and I liked it
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats the most important and those that increase my efficiency and reduce wrong inputs:

Skill 1: Mouse button 4
    Skill 2: Mouse button 5
    Skill 3: Q
    Skill 4: E
    Skill 5: R
    Ulti: F
    Synergy: C
    Frontbar: Scroll Up
    Backbar: Scroll Down
    Dodge Roll: Backspace (But I made my Caps Lock to be Backspace, so its basically Caps Lock)
    Interact: Mouse Button 3

The bold one is probably the one that no one has in this constellation. In the past I used to replace Caps Lock with F13 but because F13 isnt useable in about half of all games I am just using Backspace now. But at least I could tell people that I am pressing F13 when they asked to do so 😁.

And for those who think that F13 doesnt exist. Here is an old keyboard (predecessor of the keyboards we have right now): https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/IBM_Model_F_122-key_Keyboard.jpg/1920px-IBM_Model_F_122-key_Keyboard.jpg

Also Apple Keyboards sometimes have more F-Keys.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on September 12, 2022 9:01AM