Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is the best snipe build?

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't care if it is a glass cannon, the god of tanking or somewhere in between. I don't even care if it has sustain issues. I just want to be able to pack as much as possible into the Snipe Skill. I have one character of each class, so I can use any class for this. I'm not concerned if it is PVP or PVE, once I get the build right, I will likely use it for everything. Yes, I know that does not make sense and that I will likely struggle in different types of content, I just don't care. I like the snipe skill. It is my absolute favorite skill so I want to see just how much of a wallop I can pack into it.

Ideally, the build will have a bunch of buffs and then the Snipe Skill. I have a working build now, I just know that I am not the best at designing builds so I want to see what the community can come up with and then go from there. I am fine with 1 or two bar. If two bar, then the back bar can be used for when my stubborn stupidity gets me into too much trouble (ie packed with things for survivability and what should be on the front bar).

Thank you in advance for any help you give. And please do not try to talk me out of this. I'm going to do it regardless of how dumb of an idea it is.

Edit:
And fyi, I have access to reconstruct all overland gear, and two characters with all traits researched on everything so I can craft anything needed. I am slowly collecting dungeon, arena, and pvp sets. I have almost no trial gear unlocked.
Edited by Tornaad on September 8, 2022 3:54PM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not easy at the moment, a lot of nerfs over the years and current meta is a disaster. Snipers have to rely on procs more than ever.

Assuming you are a NB. Khajiit works well. No iodea for PVE this is PVP

You could try 2x Balorgh or 1x Kragh with 1x Molag Kena

with either

Way of the Fire combined with Savage Werewolf or Defiler

or

Defiler with Swamp Raider

all divines, infused with WD on Jewels

Either the Lover or Shadow Mundus

be sure to fire from cloak to get the crit, have at least one assassin skill on main bar for passive, pack some Fighter guild skills on main bar for WD passive. Vamp 2 or 3 for Strike from the Shadows.

Toxic Barrage for ulti

Double dot poisons. Choose a food that will keep you sustained.

Speed and stealth are your friends. If you stand still in the same spot for more than a few seconds you have a huge target on you and will get pwned.

With current meta solo play is hard, unless you zerg with the rabble and snipe from the sides / back.

Also with current meta lag is so bad that I cannot get a snipe off and maras has killed it anyway :/ Seems Zos wants us all on the same class wearing the same gear.

Ultimately you just have to test a few set-ups and see what works for your playstyle.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on September 8, 2022 4:17PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you're in cyrodiil remember that the propelling shield under the support tree gives you extra range
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the vateshran bow is a minimum of +5% dmg bonus on snipe at max range, but up to 33% if the enemy is basically in melee range (within 5 meters)

balorgh monster set would only really be effective for pvp with toxic barrage ultimate

scavenging demise (from depths of malatar) is also effective on a bow build for burst dmg and works a bit better than defiler

there is also the morag tong set which does more dmg against poisoned enemies which works well with lethal arrow

sheer venom works well with poison injection

plaguebreak is still pretty decent too

plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the vateshran bow is a minimum of +5% dmg bonus on snipe at max range, but up to 33% if the enemy is basically in melee range (within 5 meters)

balorgh monster set would only really be effective for pvp with toxic barrage ultimate

scavenging demise (from depths of malatar) is also effective on a bow build for burst dmg and works a bit better than defiler

there is also the morag tong set which does more dmg against poisoned enemies which works well with lethal arrow

sheer venom works well with poison injection

plaguebreak is still pretty decent too

Thank you.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not easy at the moment, a lot of nerfs over the years and current meta is a disaster. Snipers have to rely on procs more than ever.

Assuming you are a NB. Khajiit works well. No iodea for PVE this is PVP

You could try 2x Balorgh or 1x Kragh with 1x Molag Kena

with either

Way of the Fire combined with Savage Werewolf or Defiler

or

Defiler with Swamp Raider

all divines, infused with WD on Jewels

Either the Lover or Shadow Mundus

be sure to fire from cloak to get the crit, have at least one assassin skill on main bar for passive, pack some Fighter guild skills on main bar for WD passive. Vamp 2 or 3 for Strike from the Shadows.

Toxic Barrage for ulti

Double dot poisons. Choose a food that will keep you sustained.

Speed and stealth are your friends. If you stand still in the same spot for more than a few seconds you have a huge target on you and will get pwned.

With current meta solo play is hard, unless you zerg with the rabble and snipe from the sides / back.

Also with current meta lag is so bad that I cannot get a snipe off and maras has killed it anyway :/ Seems Zos wants us all on the same class wearing the same gear.

Ultimately you just have to test a few set-ups and see what works for your playstyle.

Thank you.