The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Status effects and npcs?

Snamyap
Snamyap
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I was just looking at the CPs and there a bunch of em that get triggered by being under a status effect. My question is can ncps put status effects on players or is this a pvp only thing like crit damage?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 20, 2023 5:38PM
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there are some NPCs that also have a chance to apply status effects never really looked in to it too deeply, but i think certain raid bosses will apply stuns that also apply breach, or desease or fire damage as the secondary effect depending on the boss. correct me if i'm wrong though.
    Options
  • LiesySchwarz
    Snamyap wrote: »
    So I was just looking at the CPs and there a bunch of em that get triggered by being under a status effect. My question is can ncps put status effects on players or is this a pvp only thing like crit damage?

Yes! NPCs can apply status effects on your character. Any NPC can. Burning, poison, chilled, breach, etc. Stuns are NOT a status effect. You can also apply status effects to your character - by crafting weird potions, I wouldn’t recommend that though, but you can. E.g. Health Draining Potion
    Liesy Schwarz | PS5 | EU
    Guildmaster @ Death Express
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2022. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.