Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

suggestion: roll back defile nerf, and allow it to stack from different players

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
compelling reasons in the past were that ball groups ran them and they made it so no one can heal, now ball groups are untouchable because of their heals, it became a damage shield meta because people couldn't heal as well. PUGs rarely use more than 2 hots anyways.

you've since added CP that allows us to do additional damage to damage shields, but i fail to find anything that decreases someone's healing received in the CP tree after being damaged, only more damage if they damage you, which can be mitigated and outhealed of course.

there are many sets in the game like fasalla's, durok's, kynmarcher's , etc that have been nerfed (or aren't as good as they could be) because "ball groups use them" and pugs can't heal because of it. If only they were back to their former glory, it would actually clean up the ball groups. If you could make defile more effective as more hots are stacked, that would be even better.

Additionally, I do not think defile should be cleansable any more now that you have mara's balm in the game combined with necromancer ability to purge non stop. If anything, the necromancer purge also needs to be nerfed to not receiving any heals for 0.5 seconds after being used, it is way too exploitable. Mara's balm could be deleted from the game right now with all the issues it has and i don't think anyone would be surprised- it is objectively broken, applying the heal when someone reapplies a debuff should not be a thing.

and no, buffs to mending, vitality, etc do not have to happen to make defile a better debuff. that line of thinking is asinine.

I do expect to be bashed for this topic, but this is just what I feel can push the meta into an anti-heal direction without nerfing heals directly.
Edited by Dr_Con on September 6, 2022 10:46PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people would agree that defile needs to be buffed.

Making it stack from different players is a bad idea to me though, sorry.

You pretty much explain why it's a bad idea in your own first paragraph. We could maybe revert the defile nerfs without immediately going back to that place... But if you make it stack you'll be there instantly.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing pre-Mara was an issue due to crosshealing. So, if crosshealing stacks are bad, why should defiles be stackable? That is just adding to another problem to the mountain of problems.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, bring back defiles, but stacking is a no from me. Lol
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we want to counter healing properly we need to add appropiate debuffs. Defile counters Vitality so what if we add a counter to Mending? (outgoing healing reduction debuff).

Something else to think about is all the healing bonuses outside of minor/major buffs. We could use some sets that give healing reduction without minor/major debuff.

Alternatively we could add a new mechanic. Damage to HP, mana or stamina everytime youre healed (including HoT ticks) as to counter HoT stacking
    Edited by Ankael07 on September 9, 2022 4:45PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options