• Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already for sale in zone chat PS NA. lol
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Thanks to the patch approval process, we always get the problems PC was dealing with right about the time PC stops having to worry about them.

Options
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I've done some testing. The vMA staff bug is fixed, the Oakensoul Ring doesn't lose it's empower buff on death, and Mara's Balm seems to be cut in half (looking at the Collections->Sets tooltip in blue colour at least).

So I think the three fixes that Gina said in the stream the other day did make it in, but maybe weren't in the patch notes.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
    Options
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaperGuy wrote: »
    I've done some testing. The vMA staff bug is fixed, the Oakensoul Ring doesn't lose it's empower buff on death, and Mara's Balm seems to be cut in half (looking at the Collections->Sets tooltip in blue colour at least).

So I think the three fixes that Gina said in the stream the other day did make it in, but maybe weren't in the patch notes.

That would be nice, hope you are right :-)
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Start selling it too, I made millions. Even if the healing is halved it should still be very good.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Confirming the healing value for Mara's Balm on console should be 951 Health, and we just missed the update to the patch notes. Just made the edit to avoid further confusion - thanks for the heads up here!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

Start selling it too, I made millions. Even if the healing is halved it should still be very good.

I think now it‘s only good for a Facetank who wants to tank 20ppl at once. But we will see.
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never mind
    Edited by ginoboehm on September 6, 2022 6:11PM
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirming the healing value for Mara's Balm on console should be 951 Health, and we just missed the update to the patch notes. Just made the edit to avoid further confusion - thanks for the heads up here!

Thanks for the update Gina - I just want to point out that this does absolutely nothing to fix the issue with this set, though.

Mara's balm is proccing an infinite number of times every second. That means that while the value has now been halved, you still will receive absurdly high amounts of healing from it, scaling upwards the more people are hitting you. There are numerous examples of this, but I will link a video below showing the number of healing ticks per second you can receive when being hit by many players.

The lack of a cooldown on the HOT portion is what makes this set problematic. When you compare it to robes of the hist, which procs a 5s heal of 1k per second (in PVP) with a 5 second cooldown, this set vastly outperforms it. Not to mention the purge effect, which due to the nature of how numerous effects are applied very easily in U35, is often a heal to full health and a full purge once every 15 seconds.

Mara's needs to receive a cooldown of at least 1 second in order for it to be acceptable in PVP. We're in a patch currently where overall the balance is fairly good in comparison to previous patches, but even with this fix mara's is still a huge outlier and is going to continue to ruin the PVP experience for many of us until it is appropriately addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0thgK-DDk
    Edited by React on September 6, 2022 6:06PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    Thats sad news. Mara's should be nerfed alot more
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mara's needs a cooldown. Nerfing the healing is not the solution even though it's better than nothing.

Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't say more. Just needs different. They'll eventually have both and make it worthless
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on September 6, 2022 7:32PM
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a case of the bath water was over performing, so let’s remove the baby and keep the bath water.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options