Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Neighbourhoods

daniel.13b16_ESO
daniel.13b16_ESO
✭✭✭
While I love housing, the way ESO has implemented it feels very disconnected. I know this is due to the engine but I find it odd having a house that exists in the game world, while still being completely separate to it.

What do people think about ESO creating neighbourhoods, similar to LoTRO?
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no. If you do neighbourhoods ie non instanced housing will be limited and then you end up with a horrible mess like in Final Fantasy XIV where housing is limited and people who want houses can't get them. The actually just introduced a whole instanced animal crossing like mode to rectify the woes caused by neighbourhoods
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about adding something welcome-board which visitor can leave player's name at there.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I despise non-instanced housing. Creates a lot of strife, stress, and unnecessary grief from not getting the spot you want. You also have to deal with neighbors with hideous "decoration" that's an eyesore.

If you want neighborhoods, ask for more modular pieces. Invite a friend to build a house next to yours in your instance. Ask ZOS for more furniture item slots.

Honestly, the only thing preventing neighborhoods is the item limit.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I don't know FF housing, but how about something in between where you can have say X-number of house exteriors on a road (or an entire area of a city, or a whole city), and upon entering it goes to your own instance. A slight feel of a "neighborhood" where you and friends and guild-mates could buy the various house you like in the area (of course along with tons of other people) but for you it might feel more inter-connected like your all going to the same street, visiting each others houses, people would no doubt set up there "shops" as the do, etc.

You want to go super fancy one step further, sell instanced "streets" guilds and groups could buy and decorate, each then connecting to an instanced house for each individual in the group, or something.
    Edited by everseeing_njpreub18_ESO on September 13, 2022 1:54PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want neighborhoods necessarily but I do want our houses to feel more connected to the world. Highhallow Hold and Water's Edge come to mind. They're in their cities but when you enter the house both cities become deserted ghost towns. You can stand on your balcony and see absolutely nobody walking or running, no sounds from the city life, nothing.

Then you exit your house and boom everything is back to life.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really needed in my opinion because current housing system is good enough and instanced, which creates a good privacy when it is needed. Majority of the role player community uses housing instances for their narrative role play. This can not happen if the housing is not instanced and if others can freely come to the said housing.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think neighbourhoods would be cool. An instanced region that allows your house to be beside someone else’s would be interesting. I played a game like this and couldn’t get my hands on a house sadly, because you had to bid on it like weekly guild traders. While I love the idea, they’d have to revamp housing. Idk if it’s worth it at this point, but certainly I’d enjoy a neighbourhood. I’m always looking for reason to connect with people online and I think it’d be cool.
    Argonian Master Race