The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rubedo leather and Ancestor silk

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭
When doing my daily clothing writ I need to make armor out of Ancestor silk and other times I need to use Rubedo leather. I prefer to go the Rubedo route because I have more of that, is there a way to force the daily crafting writ to use Rubedo leather? Does Abandon, re-accept work?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They are on a 3-day cycle.

2 days require ancestor silk, 1 day requires rubedo.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's on a set pattern, 2 days of ancestor silk, one day of rubedo leather.

So if you abandon a daily writ, you will always get the same one that day. Every 3rd day will always be the leather one.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for the clarification !
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eventually your surveys will outpace your consumption.

When I increase my toons I take a hit, and for some reason I haven't figured out, it seems to take longer to recovery than maxing clothing on the new ones should explain.

Buying 1000 or so can be useful to help in situations like this, maybe more with many new toons.

But yeh the moral is, you will definitely hit an equilibreum, and probably end up in excess.

NB I do not collect surveys without all the right craft tree passives, and I do opportunistically harvest with the same during casual game play. If you don't yet have enough craft tree points to have the two main harvesting perks, this^ may not yet be true.