Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

Sanctuary Set graphic

TimeViewer
TimeViewer
✭✭✭✭
Instead of green balls floating around my head there is now a large sparkly ring surrounding me that follows me everywhere

lzdqn38xy5g3.jpg
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they changed it so it wasn’t the same as hircenes
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hircene's had green orbs? There is no effect visual to anyone else but myself and as far as spell effect goes, here:

d757r4qwot28.jpg

I wouldn't call that changed, I'd call it broken
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with this design change (imo) is that there are so many competing circular ground effects it is likely to get lost.

I already have a miserable time telling whether Encratis is up on the twins in DSR because of the dome. If the new Sanctuary is competing with another circular effect like Encratis, Domihaus, a siege projectile shield, or a dome, it will get lost very easily. It’s far too thin and faint.

It seems to have been designed on the assumption that it will only be used in isolation.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    The biggest problem with this design change (imo) is that there are so many competing circular ground effects it is likely to get lost.

I already have a miserable time telling whether Encratis is up on the twins in DSR because of the dome. If the new Sanctuary is competing with another circular effect like Encratis, Domihaus, a siege projectile shield, or a dome, it will get lost very easily. It’s far too thin and faint.

It seems to have been designed on the assumption that it will only be used in isolation.
    I think it was designed with the idea that since it's permanent, rather than a proc, you wouldn't mind it fading out since you don't need it as a reference for whether it's active but just as a passive occasional reminder of its range.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hircine’s was green too and you don’t really need to see the circle since there was no range indicator before. However, it would be nice if it only appeared in combat because I feel very stupid walking around trapped in a giant circle. I’m still mad this wasn’t in the patch notes.

Edit: At least for PvP I won’t be a walking glowing target anymore but I also don’t think the range really needs to be known through the giant circle since I need to be nearby to the people I’m healing anyway.
    Edited by Soarora on September 4, 2022 5:04PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 there is no visible circle to anyone else no visible effect at all now other than what the user sees
    2 there is NO spell effect listed, can't tell if anything is happening but look at the pic, no effect

I'd used that set on this healer in part for the look, with that gown and color it took on a glow-in-the-dark green appearance
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I think it was designed with the idea that since it's permanent, rather than a proc, you wouldn't mind it fading out since you don't need it as a reference for whether it's active but just as a passive occasional reminder of its range.

And what I'm trying to point out is that it fails in its singular purpose as a range indicator in the presence of these other skills, sets, and mechanics.

To me, that defeats the purpose of the visual. If it's meant to be a range indicator, I want to be able to see it at all times, not just occasionally.